RMweb

Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

• RMweb Premium

Well  next   day  delivery  is  not  yet  back  to  normal    as  of  today!!

I require to  know   when  deliveries will be  received, so I always  use   next  day delivery,

I spoke to  them  today  to  ask  when  it  would be   reinstated ,  they  could not  tell me,  but  said  if I order I would get   notification of  despatch, however  that   is  of little  use to me  as  I place  my orders  the   DAY BEFORE I know  someone  will actually   be  at  home , once again  they  have  lost  another  order. to  their  competition

Its  getting to  the  stage  now  where  I will not  even bother to consider  them,  sad  really  I placed  43 orders  in 2016,  not  checked  this  years  total yet

Frustrating...but surely better than them offering next day delivery when they know they won't be able to do so?

Frustrating...but surely better than them offering next day delivery when they know they won't be able to do so?

The  question  is  WHY  what  has  suddenly altered>?  Also  worth  pointing  out  that  their  press adverts  specify  they do next  day  delivery  at a premium cost  and  their  homepage shipping  info  still  states  the  same

I know  it  sounds a bit  petty  to  complain, but  when dealing  with  a supplier for well over 40 years it  is  all very   disappointing.

I have been refunded for an item that I ordered just over two weeks ago.   When I placed the order it stated that 10 or more were in stock,  subsequent enquires via the Hatton's live chat was told the item was still on a pallet at their other warehouse.   It transpires that the item was not in stock at all!.

• RMweb Gold

Hattons do seem to be screwed-up at the moment but one process that does seem to be operating perfectly is the money charging process. My order has progressed as follows:

Friday:

27/10  15:40   Order Confirmation received

27/10  17:07   Order processed, money taken

Monday:

30/10  11:58   Order packed and put in parcel

30/10  17:50   DPD advise parcel to be delivered on 31/10

30/10   18:06  Update from Hattons/DPD that parcel label created     (NB: never got that type of message before)

Today, Tuesday:

31/10   09:45  DPD advise parcel is delayed

31/10   17:15  Tracked parcel on DPD website and advised that parcel still not yet received

No communications received from Hattons today so just phoned them and they confirmed that they still have the order and that it won't be ready for despatch for a few days. Seems as though their automated system assumes that all orders once picked are shipped......

To be honest I did not expect the order to be fulfilled as quickly as they advised me so the prolonged wait is no big problem but telling me that it has been despatched when it hasn't is a no-no.

Keith

The  question  is  WHY  what  has  suddenly altered>?  Also  worth  pointing  out  that  their  press adverts  specify  they do next  day  delivery  at a premium cost  and  their  homepage shipping  info  still  states  the  same

I know  it  sounds a bit  petty  to  complain, but  when dealing  with  a supplier for well over 40 years it  is  all very   disappointing.

Disappointing is the word, it's temporary and as others are showing Hattons are still not firing on all cylinders with order processing so they are ensuring you're not wasting your money on something they cannot fulfil, you might go elsewhere but i guess that's the price they have to pay until things return to normal

I am sure people would rather go back to the 'within 10 working days' deliveries that we used to enjoy!

Youngster, I remember 'Please allow 28 days for delivery of mail order items'

• Like 1

Disappointing is the word, it's temporary and as others are showing Hattons are still not firing on all cylinders with order processing so they are ensuring you're not wasting your money on something they cannot fulfil, you might go elsewhere but i guess that's the price they have to pay until things return to normal

Youngster, I remember 'Please allow 28 days for delivery of mail order items'

The point  I am  trying to make is  why change  something  that was working  well, As a frequent  Hattons  orderer  , by that  I mean up to the beginning of  the current  issues ie pre stocktaking I  ordered items  at least  once  weekly  sometimes more frequently , as I  order for a group of modellers  these orders were usually multi product  orders,  I cannot  recall  any problems  with  listed  items  being unavailable  all of a sudden  after my order  was actually  placed   nor  were there  any problems  with  delayed  deliveries. All orders  arriving  on  time

I had been very happy with  their service

I am unsure  why  a  stocktake  should  cause  disruption to   service, being  employed in the retail trade  all my  working  life  I am familiar  with  stock taking  procedures both in  single unit  retailers and multiple  organisations, and  have never  known a stocktake to be  disruptive  in that  business was  lost.

I have  not   stopped  supporting  Hattons  and if  the system returns to normal  I will order from them,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnote  28 days for  delivery  would  that   have  been  RAILMAIL  of WATFORD?? :stinker: 

Edited by Stevelewis

• RMweb Gold

Anyone remember the BT Card that allowed you to make phone calls from boxes and charge them to your home number?

I remember they never worked (white credit ca4d sized thingy with about 18 numbers on it before you could dial the number you wanted).

Telegrams were easier.

You  had  a  Telephone!!!!!!!!!  Luxury.........we  had  to  go down  the  road  to  the   Phone  Box  and  put  money in a slot  and  press  button  A :O

and when Mr Hatton hung up pressing button B  didn't return the unused 2d's

P

Hatton's Dave did post here a few pages back, the reasons that next day delivery had been suspended for the short term. They seemed fairly reasonable to Me. I CBA looking for it now to give a direct link, but it's there somewhere.

From what I understand, it will be reinstated when things have all been sorted out soon.

A workmates 10 year old daughter is on the transplant list waiting for a kidney. But sadly it appears next day delivery has been unavailable for her for quite sometime. I think at this point She would be happy with a next month delivery.

I'm Not having a shot at anybody, just trying to put a bit of perspective back into the thread.

It's just Toy Trains Gents, nothing to get wound up about.  :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You  had  a  Telephone!!!!!!!!!  Luxury.........we  had  to  go down  the  road  to  the   Phone  Box  and  put  money in a slot  and  press  button  A :O

We used to go down the road to the phone box. If you used the receiver rest to "dial" your number the phone call was free.

We used to go down the road to the phone box. If you used the receiver rest to "dial" your number the phone call was free.

The  GPO  caught on to  that  one  quite  quickly,  I saw  a  couple  of  instances  in  the  Manchester  area, when  waiting to  use   a  call box  when  the  user  was  tapping  out  the  number on the  receiver  rest,  and in  a  very  short  time   a police  mini van  raced  up  and  apprehended  the  person.

Notes:  GPO = General Post  Office   the  then  name  for the  Telephone company, Mini Van  was  usually  the transport  for the police  for  a  while, in the  Manchester  suburbs!

• RMweb Gold

It's just Toy Trains Gents, nothing to get wound up about.  :D

They don't need wound up anymore. They use electricity. :)

BTW why is it that when a thread gets serious about some aspect of model railways there is often someone who will belittle the hobby by saying something like "It's just toy trains"?

BTW why is it that when a thread gets serious about some aspect of model railways there is often someone who will belittle the hobby by saying something like "It's just toy trains"?

Toy trains  usually look  like  Toys,  Model Railways  tend  to  resemble  as  closely as  possible  the  prototype they are  modelled on

Colin.

You have singled out one line from My post and removed the context in which it was given.

A) Please observe Smiley Face

B) They are little versions of 1:1 subjects and We play with them for relaxation or fun, they are in fact toys. This does not belittle them any more than when  My motorcycle or other such niceties are referred to as toys. I am  secure in the knowledge that what I work with day to day are Trains, but what I like to mess around with in My down time are Toys, it doesn't matter if it's Model Railways, Motorcycles  or records

The point I was trying to make is that people are getting there knickers in a knot about not being able to get their models / toys / trains the following day and really it's getting a bit tiring hearing the same old moans over and over when perfectly good explanations have been made as to why this is currently not the case.

Edited by The Blue Streak

Toy trains  usually look  like  Toys,  Model Railways  tend  to  resemble  as  closely as  possible  the  prototype they are  modelled on

You'll have none left, Toy's / Models or otherwise, if you keep tossing them out of your pram with your mock outrage at not being able to get your new ones the next day.

Cheer up Brother !

Edited by The Blue Streak

Perhaps one persons toy is another persons model or the other way around  :this:

To me a toy is something which bears no real resemblance to a prototype item while a model is a scale replica of a prototype item.

That is it looks like a small version of the real thing.

in other news I ordered two locos from Hattons in the early hours of this morning to be delivered by DPD couriers two day delivery to ireland.

So far I've had an Order Confirmation email, an Order Processed email & an Order Packed into one parcel email with a tracking number.

All within seven hours.

Looking good so far. The test will be when the tracking number shows up on DPD's tracking system  :yes:

• Like 2