Professional photography

Phil Bullock

Soft southerners.

That's no good for cleaning, you need a nice quiet vacuum cleaner, I can lend you one if you like.

Mike.

For goodness sake don't bother borrowing his 'little quiet hoover', my ears are still ringing after EXPO EM. It would have been good if it sounded like a Rover V8 but it was more like a 747....

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

just relaxing at home following excellent day with Chris

As has already been stated - a gentleman. Thanks for all your input and advice Chris - and the lift to B&Q to pick up van at end of day

Abbotswood looked good under the glare of the lights - theres nothing like a deadline to make you complete all those little outstanding jobs - and Jimbo's weathered locos certainly looked the dogs whatsits. Cant wait to see the results - even with the fish eye!

Wine gum stocks still intact too - which is more than can be said for my skeletal musculature. Never had cramp so bad - must drink more!

Thanks again Chris

Phil

Hi Phil - big ta to you and Jim for a great day....

Here's the first shot, I hope it's the kind of thing you were hoping for? All done in camera too - none of this computer malarkey! :angel:

post-6681-0-71060900-1350594845_thumb.jpg

This is WHY you don't let Chris have too many wine gums during the day.........

• RMweb Gold

Instead of a 'Like' button, can we have a 'Rather disturbed by this' button, please?... :jester:

.... and for the post above, we need a "Blimey , is that really a model?" button...

Wonderful stuff - is there a previous thread for this layout as i've not seen any other details?

• RMweb Gold

Cracking stuff Chris - whizzo on the clay all it should be!

What you havent all seen - and presumably Chris is being coy for publication - are the others! Certainly exceeded our expectations......

Thanks again for your efforts - Will post on my layout thread when publication is imminent

See below for layout thread and youtube link

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for kind comments folks

Jimbo's weathered locos certainly look the part - and I like to think that we have got the layout to a good point, although some more details would improve further.

Point rodding and signal wires, gradient posts are also missing. Any other ideas please?

More weathering of rolling stock is on the cards, as is a train of 21 ton hoppers. Bacchy sleepers will add yet more variety

Phil

Cheers! I'll be honest I tend to just use a bit of graduated blue to block out backgrounds these days, BUT, I managed to find an evening milky sky which looks just like the one on Phil's photo-backscene.

My editor witl shoot me if I post any more snaps so you'll have to wait for the mag to come out. As soon as that's known I'll leave it to Phil to let you know - it's his smashing layout!

<<edited - some of the content could have been misunderstood :) >>

• RMweb Gold

I like the photo Chris. On a more sensible note. If at all possible clean the hall and vacuum BEFORE setting the layout up otherwise all the dust in the hall will be stirred up in the air just waiting to settle on the layout.. Dust sheets over the layout ( the cheap polythene ones would do) until the shooting starts would also help.

Don

Actually I meant are there any older threads as the current one just launches straight in without any construction details, plans etc..... :unsure:

I don't think there are Rich as Phil quietly and unassumingly slipped this one out. It's a lovely layout and it was very popular at Members' Day so I'd recommend getting to see it if it's out and about anywhere.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy!

The reason there isnt much posting - well two reasons really - are firstly that much of the layout work was done before I was an active member of this forum. Layout has evolved over the last four years with your truly doing construction, terraforming, track laying, electrics and signalling and my son James doing the loco and stock weathering and much of the scenery.

Secondly is work/life balance! Work in NHS not as easy as it was, and work/life balance has to be correct although can be flexed from time to time. Within that is modelling - and within that is balance between actual modelling and time spent on here. At the moment with Chris's visit and chipping steam locos for this weekends visit with the layout to 85A reunion in Worcester not too much time for being on here. And bear in mind that work/life balance also includes SWMBO, family and friends, fishing - Chairman of local branch of Flydressing Guild, motorcycling and anything else of interest and you can rapidly see where the time goes.

But am writing it all up for Ben Jones to appear with Chris's fantastic photo work in Model Rail - article is half written, will be able to finish it after this weekend. If that leaves any questions unanswered very happy to address them on here.

Have thought we should do a thread on our locos though so with Andy's permission watch out perhaps for that in future

Kind regards

Phil

Have thought we should do a thread on our locos though so with Andy's permission watch out perhaps for that in future

Be my guest - you don't need my consent, unless you were flogging them all to me. :)

• RMweb Gold

Point rodding and signal wires, gradient posts are also missing. Any other ideas please?

General detritus - sleepers (use scale ones), bits of rail perhaps ?

Rust on the trap part of the points, paint the wing rails rusty on all points ? (can't see them all so don't know they aren't)

Weather the signals.

Excellent photos, but both signal arms clear ... (only obvious because its me and I'm like that with signalling, and I follow the layout thread so know they should not both be off at the same time)

Archived