The National Festival of Railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

It's finally here! We kick off our National Festival of Railway Modelling at the East of England Showground, Peterborough on Saturday - doors open at 10am (9.30am if you pre-booked your tickets).

Admission is £10 for adults and £4.50 for children.

It's sure to be a fantastic show - we look forward to seeing you there!

I must say I'm looking forward to going on Saturday. 7.12 train from Northallerton gets me into Peterborough for for roughly 8.55 which is very handy with my advance ticket and the free bus. It's great that BRM do a form of free travel for those arriving by rail, a very nice gesture in my opinion.

Should be a great show, plus the joy of seeing the sun rise in the East from the comfy of my rail seat.

I was wondering where the thread for this exhibition was. I'll be there with Ian (Silverlink) and the rest of the Haymarket Cross team, so feel free to come and say hello and make it known you're an RMwebber. (Go on Tom, you know you want to!)

Have a great show everyone,

Mike

I was wondering where the thread for this exhibition was. I'll be there with Ian (Silverlink) and the rest of the Haymarket Cross team, so feel free to come and say hello and make it known you're an RMwebber. (Go on Tom, you know you want to!)

Mike

Oh how could I not do Mike! ;)

Mike

I might just have to pose a by-then-finished loco on there, if Ian is willing please? It's DCC fitted too and I'm sure its new owner might not mind too much either :).

I'll be there tomorrow late afternoon.....

Guest Belgian

I saw a big write-up for this show today in the BRM mag at Tesco and thought 'that would be worth going to'.. I was absolutely amazed at the article's almost total absence of the most vital information - neither the location nor the date of the show appeared until about half-way through, and then just the location. I looked in vain for the date! What absolute . . . I'd better not say what I think as I will be blackballed.

At least I know it's this weekend now from this thread. Well done RMWeb for putting it up.

JE

Set up is now underway at the East of England Showground.

A2.jpg

The main entrance is through the Atrium; I don't think you can miss the stand but hopefully I'll show you later today what the all-new hi-tech stand looks like!

A1.jpg

Boy; there's a lot of pace to fill!

A3.jpg

• RMweb Gold

and for those who don't know I will be in the RMweb Village as part of the tuition zone showing loco maintenance techniques. So if anyone wants to pop along with a loco that needs looking at I will be more than happy to dismantle it in front of your eyes :lol:

I'll also have a broad church of locos from early triang to current production with me so just ask and I should be able to help you keep your fleet running :)

Not quite Ian, those are the cattle sheds next door. It's the new building in this view - http://binged.it/TASPbb

If you take a bird's eye look on Bing the stealth building only manifests itself if you're facing north or south. If visitors are approaching from east or west and you can't spot it try turning through 90 degrees. ;)

There are yellow signs for the show off the A1 and directions through the showground site to the nearest parking areas.

The RMweb Tuition Zone is now set up; all we need is some experts! In lieu of that I've put some names of other well-known modellers over the tables.

You'll be able to find the Tuition Zone on the right-hand side of The Atrium as you enter the show.

A4.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

That stand looks impressive!

As Andy has said, the NGS will be announcing its two new models for next year - one RTR, one a kit - at 1300.

Both will be to 1:148 scale and we have no plans to move into OO as far as I am aware!!

cheers

Ben A.

I think my day is best summed up by what I overheard from one visitor: "I didn't know there were all these things on my shopping list". Or words to that effect.

In between spending far more than I originally intended, I spent an hour watching Tim solder together a Stanier tender while at the same time casting an envious eye over the Princess etchings. Thanks to Tim I also had the pleasure of meeting both Tom F and great northern of this parish. I also found myself discussing the relative merits of the various padlets that are on the market with Andy Y. They would seem to make the reading and storage of digital magazines so much easier. And I thought digital editions were meant to save you money. Hmmm! :nono:

Ticked a few layouts off my "must see" list too, so all in all, a good day out.

Andy

Archived