Beasts feeling blue

In 1979 before the London trains (and the Royal Train) ran, a test train was run to Rock Ferry and Green Lane to gauge the route

post-6748-0-70677200-1358332436.jpg

47 228 run onto the goods lines at Rock Ferry with the 3 coach test train consisting of 2 mark 3s and a mark 2

On the Sunday of the diversions, at about 7 am, an empty stock train from Edge Hill to Rock Ferry (to work one of the Londons) passes Hooton.

post-6748-0-71921400-1358332421.jpg

I was on night turn so this was the only one I saw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've got loads, but the lack of interest (aside from a few members) on this and the signalling thread has lead me to the conclusion that no-one is interested, or rather not enough to make it worthwhile scanning and uploading, this takes a significant amount of time and if it's too much for people to tick "like" to show they are looking then, in my grumpy mood, why should I bother ?

I've got loads, but the lack of interest (aside from a few members) on this and the signalling thread has lead me to the conclusion that no-one is interested, or rather not enough to make it worthwhile scanning and uploading, this takes a significant amount of time and if it's too much for people to tick "like" to show they are looking then, in my grumpy mood, why should I bother ?

Beast, I really enjoy your pictures, especially the ones of East Anglia. I'll make sure I press the like button in future. Please keep posting. :)

PS do you have any pictures of the shed at Kings Lynn or Peterborough in your collection?

• RMweb Gold

I always enjoy your images, but have to admit I tend to specifically "like" ones which are of places I've visited at various times.  Quiote often I have a quick look when you first post, then a few days later go back and study them more carefully.  It's amazing the odd details you can then see. 

Please continue posting them.

David

Ive realy enjoyed looking through your pictures!! never new Bromborough station had signal box til you posted picys!! keep up the awsome work mate.... :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple to keep you going!

post-6748-0-32052700-1362772330.jpg

post-6748-0-17046800-1362772318.jpg

post-6748-0-89295600-1362772338.jpg

31 208 at Mollington St late 1979 (I think) when 31s weren't normally seen on the Wirral. It had worked in on a Shellstar train to Ince from Whitemoor.

It stayed for a few days whilst a driver with route and traction knowledge was found to take it back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wonderful collection of photographs - not just to look at, but for inspiration and modelling detail as well! 

Hope you'll continue to post more of them!

Archived