westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kevin, I like your choice of cast for any future films, this idea will be run past the financial director at the next production meeting. All the best Adrian.

Unfortunately, you may need the assistance of a grave digger, a necromancer and a happy medium (or a large may do)...

Al.

Edited by acg_mr

• 2 weeks later...

A quick visit to Brasted Station today from the Signalling and Telegraph Dept.

( I think they just stopped by for a cuppa, as there are only 4 telegraph poles and no signals).

Maybe the Annetts Lock on the ground frame was playing up.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

What a brilliant set of photos, really hard to distinguish from reality.

I think you should have included one of the M25 though...

Al.

Hi Al, Thanks for your comments, and I am sure others would like to see how Westerham, Brasted and Chevening are today 54 years on.

So do not look at these pictures if you are of a nervous disposition.

All the best Adrian.

post-17489-0-99918700-1446029411_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-44387000-1446029421_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-17257400-1446029434_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

To all staff re your Christmas Bonus.

It's been a difficult trading year and cut backs are being made to your bonus.

I am certain that you will all support my decision to replace my ageing 2 year old Bentley with something newer to fly the flag for the company.

I will be in the South Of France over the winter months with Miss Jones my p.a. drumming up business at every opportunity.

post-17489-0-13989100-1446391478_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

To all staff re your Christmas Bonus.

It's been a difficult trading year and cut backs are being made to your bonus.

I am certain that you will all support my decision to replace my ageing 2 year old Bentley with something newer to fly the flag for the company.

I will be in the South Of France over the winter months with Miss Jones my p.a. drumming up business at every opportunity.

Dear Ivo how do you keep your running boards so shiney?

(Sensor please note: no ufonisms intended so you can get back to your fireside with your blue pencil and listen once more to Round the Horn)

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

A sunny day down at Westerham goods shed.

The crane is a wills product and the round base for it was made from one of those round felt pads you get for putting under chair legs, and clad with plasticard. Chain is from Mrs W Stations now nearly empty jewellery box, and the loading gauge is a much modified Ratio S.R item.   

post-17489-0-16355500-1446663618_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-65209700-1446663764_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-97182200-1446663819_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-14797100-1446664325_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-84330600-1446664343_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-71779700-1446664362_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-78943700-1446664377_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Again, really very nice and full of atmosphere: a sunny day made to enjoy…

Regarding chains, I went to a local watchmaker/jeweller and bought one.

Was surprisingly cheap! Saves you a lot of trouble with the Beloved.

Greetings

Armin

• Like 2

I was wondering...

Could we get Arthur Askey and Stinker Murdoch in for the next one please, or perhaps Will Hay, Graham Moffatt and Moore Marriott would be a nice touch?

Also have heard that a gang of boys from Westerham have been seen trying to gain access after dark to the station premises at Brasted looking for detonators to use as bangers this fireworks season, you might wish to alert the British Transport Police, or at least Korky (played by Deryck Guyler of course) the local plod of their intentions.

Kevin

Mentioning those,named above, I think you are playing to a dwindling audience who remember them.

A quick visit to Brasted Station today from the Signalling and Telegraph Dept.

( I think they just stopped by for a cuppa, as there are only 4 telegraph poles and no signals).

But, Adrian, you have not shewn, the tin can's, at each end of the telephone lines,

I am disappointed .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mentioning those,named above, I think you are playing to a dwindling audience who remember them.

But, Adrian, you have not shewn, the tin can's, at each end of the telephone lines,

I am disappointed .

Dear Disappointed Of Dover.

Can you hear me now. All the best Adrian.

post-17489-0-35439100-1446722040.jpg

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this from start to finish (well what else can you do on a wet Saturday??). Absolutely fantastic, probably the most informative thread on here and an inspiration to us all. Just shows that excellent modelling doesn't have to cost a fortune and the use of everyday items can give brilliant results. Well done and I look forward to future posts.

Roger

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just read this from start to finish (well what else can you do on a wet Saturday??). Absolutely fantastic, probably the most informative thread on here and an inspiration to us all. Just shows that excellent modelling doesn't have to cost a fortune and the use of everyday items can give brilliant results. Well done and I look forward to future posts.

Roger

Hi Roger, thank you for your comments, and time taken to read through all of my thread it must be really bad weather down in Andover to do that. All the best Adrian.

• Like 3