westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

It's Harvest Festival time, so down to the allotment behind the platform at Westerham Station to find out what's ready for picking.

(probably nothing as it's all made from plasticine). that won't please the vicar.

Judging by the red flowers still on your runner/French beans your season has been slower than ours in the Highlands this year...

Kevin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

More wonderful modelling - and again, you do something new and it looks like it's been there forever. I wish I could do that.

However, we need to talk about your carrot plants mate, they've definitely got leaf rot, it's unmistakeable.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Kevin and Al, your gardening tips have been duly noted, the garden gang will be round to have a chat later.

I am off now, to do a spot of double digging All the best Adrian.

I listened to Gardener's Question Time on the radio yesterday and there was not a single mention of either railway modelling or Westerham, I am disgusted with the BBC for their bias towards minority interests...

Kevin

• Like 2

Looking at the Production Team  ....

Soon to passed by the British Board Of Film Censors. Filmed in Optivision and Dynamic Sound (patent pending).

This is the film that dares to show the first train of the day.

.....   shouldn't it be titled "Last Train of the Day"   ......     :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

.....   shouldn't it be titled "Last Train of the Day"   ......     :scratchhead:

Hi Julian, thank you for your creative input into the titling of the forthcoming blockbuster film, unfortunately it has come to late at this stage of post production to alter it to your suggestion. The idea was floated to the financial director Mrs W Station, who said that as the film was massively overbudget and that  It was going to be like Rocky and Police Academy 1-100 how could it be the last train. it would only confuse people, and anyway NO MORE MONEY WAS AVAILABLE. I am now off to collect my pension to finance the remake of the Titfield Westerham Thunderbolt. All the best Cecile B Demille.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I could not 'rate' the post as there is no "I want to cry" button.  :cry:

westerhamstation, on 05 Oct 2015 - 08:33, said:

Thanks Kevin and Al, your gardening tips have been duly noted, the garden gang will be round to have a chat later.

I am off now, to do a spot of double digging All the best Adrian.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:05

I listened to Gardener's Question Time on the radio yesterday and there was not a single mention of either railway modelling or Westerham, I am disgusted with the BBC for their bias towards minority interests...

Ah, but this is Kent.

Radio Kent, Sunday Gardening.

Edited by David Todd

• RMweb Gold

Settle back in your seat, put on your 3D glasses and watch in full screen mode.

The World Premier Of First Train Of The Day (filmed on location in Optivision and Dynamic Sound patent pending).

A range of Ice Creams and Soft Drinks are available in the foyer.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

The World Premier Of First Train Of The Day (filmed on location in Optivision and Dynamic Sound patent pending).

Adrian,

That was good fun, lovely video.  Did I see the engine run round its train and still push it out or was I completely mistaken?  And who was that mysterious man who got off the bus?  Was he a passenger, the guard, or the station master?

• Like 1

Delightful  ...  and the Choc Ice made for a perfect viewing   ......    :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Adrian,

That was good fun, lovely video.  Did I see the engine run round its train and still push it out or was I completely mistaken?  And who was that mysterious man who got off the bus?  Was he a passenger, the guard, or the station master?

Hi Chris, The mystery man has been identified as Mr E Marples, he was spotted in Westerham in his disguise of dark glasses and long mac, soliciting opinion on the railway, and should it be closed. He was told to pack his bags and get out of town, he was the only passenger of the day. The engine didn't run round it just went to the water crane and returned. The scene where it coupled to the coaches, was red penciled by the censor as being gratuitous and to explicit. All the best Adrian.

Ps Thanks to you all for your comments and clicks and glad that you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Loved it, that is really good at capturing the spirit of the age as well as the railway - great fun. (but is that the right Pearl & Dean music?)

Hi Mike, I was hoping it wouldn't be noticed due to the excitement of listening to it in dynamic sound (patent pending). I belive that it's the 1970's version, so well remembered.

All the best Adrian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Passed by the censors and Mrs W Station,

First train of the day is premiering tonight after 8.00pm.

Book your tickets now to avoid the crowds at the red carpet.

I was wondering...

Could we get Arthur Askey and Stinker Murdoch in for the next one please, or perhaps Will Hay, Graham Moffatt and Moore Marriott would be a nice touch?

Also have heard that a gang of boys from Westerham have been seen trying to gain access after dark to the station premises at Brasted looking for detonators to use as bangers this fireworks season, you might wish to alert the British Transport Police, or at least Korky (played by Deryck Guyler of course) the local plod of their intentions.

Kevin

• Like 1