Peco launch RTR 009 range

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Yes the single wagons unlettered and lettered are due soon followed by the coaches. David from Peco confirmed on NGRM online.

Thank you. I thought I had seen them mentioned early on but nothing of late so thought I better check.

• RMweb Gold

Just checked and while no definite date, David said they are waiting on the boxes for the individual wagons and the liveried ones will be closely followed by the unlettered ones. There's a lot of interest in the unlettered ones over there as well.

Lining samples of the coaches are done too :)

Just  had  email  from  Hattons  stating  that  GR 290  & 291  have  been  CANELLED from  production!

No reason  stated  but  perhaps  this  is  something  to  do  with the  TWIN packs only  and  that  the  singles  will  continue to be made  available

• RMweb Gold

Hattons being slow off the mark for once ;) the twin packs were a limited edition to use up boxes left over from the N gauge collet 060. They didn't have them on pre order and appear to have assumed there would be another run like Hornby do!

Peco really did mean limited edition :) The individual ones will have different numbers and there's still a fair amount of the twin packs out there. Kernow had some 290 L&B packs this morning. There are regular updates on NGRM online as the guy who developed them is a member.

Hattons being slow off the mark for once ;) the twin packs were a limited edition to use up boxes left over from the N gauge collet 060. They didn't have them on pre order and appear to have assumed there would be another run like Hornby do!

Peco really did mean limited edition :) The individual ones will have different numbers and there's still a fair amount of the twin packs out there. Kernow had some 290 L&B packs this morning. There are regular updates on NGRM online as the guy who developed them is a member.

Thanks  Paul

Steve

Just  had  email  from  Hattons  stating  that  GR 290  & 291  have  been  CANELLED from  production!

No reason  stated  but  perhaps  this  is  something  to  do  with the  TWIN packs only  and  that  the  singles  will  continue to be made  available

Just glad that I managed to get a couple of packs at the Large scale show at the weekend for £23 each (so I cancelled the packs I had pre-ordered from hattons)

VB 

• RMweb Gold

Yes there are a few good bargains to be had and for once its the big shops that seem to be priciest! Mind you I took no risks and pre ordered from Kernow once they were on their site and topped up at my local shop with a bargain too :) Hattons didn't put them on their site until after they hit the shops elsewhere so they seem unusually to have missed out on putting in an order when they were announced by Peco at Warley. Makes a change from smaller shops saying the big boys nabbed all the stock ;)

I checked a few websites yesterday; Kernow still have the grey L&B liveried set, as mentioned above by Paul. Gaugemaster and Model Railways Direct each have both grey L&B and brown SR liveries.

I'm off to Littlehampton for me holidays the week after next, and I'm planning a trip to Gaugemaster, so I'll probably pick up the SR version, assuming they're not sold out by then.

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

They have been given part numbers, and running numbers and are available to pre-order from Parkside Dundas according to the back of the 009 newsletter, which dropped through the letter box yesterday morning.

Owen

• RMweb Gold

Any idea how long the wagons and coaches will be?

Coach 5 is 35ft 2in so approx 140mm long and wagons, although I don't have mine immediately to hand, are approximately 10 1/2ft so around 42mm.

• 2 weeks later...

Am looking forward to having some of these, any news on release dates yet?

Best wishes

Simon

Twin packs of wagons have already been released (and mostly sold out). The first single wagons are due around now - some liveries may already be out, and coaches within the next couple of months.

• RMweb Gold

The individual wagons are shipping this week according to a contact on NGRM at Peco. The coaches are nearly there but they are sorting some minor issues with the printing of the liveries.

That is most excellent news, I am going to be after some of the unlettered open wagons for my Hobbiton End layout, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/35993-hobbiton-end/ thinking that they will fit in really well especially as they have NEM pockets meaning a very easy conversion to use the Dapol mangetic autocouplers which being knucker couplers will not look out of place on narrow gauge stock.

best wishes

Simon

Archived