Bachmann Collectors' Club - Doncaster Enterprise and PO wagons in OO and N

Andy Y

I have a copy of the Collector's Club Winter Edition

Got my collectors mag today.

Do any international subscribers have their calendar and winter magazine yet? (Particularly from the US?)

It usually arrives promptly and I'm wondering if I will need to give the club a call. There were some clerical issues with my membership this year.

I haven't received mine in France either. In the past I have received it the same day as those in the UK so they have on occasion been sent out early in anticipation.

Having said that the postal service here is one of the worst in Europe so I may have to wait a week or two to get mine by the time it has fallen off a trolley in Lille, taken at trip to Marseille (for some reason a lot of my mail goes to department 13 instead of department 31 before being rerouted).

I ordered my 47522 on the first day it appeared on the Bachmann website, I decided to have it delivered to the UK as I was there this weekend and having seen that "Express Delivery" was included in the price. Unfortunately Express delivery takes over a week so I don't know when I shall get to pick it up now.

I hope to pick mine up tomorrow from the local (ish) Fed-Ex depot...

Unfortunately the loco was sent to my invoice address at home rather than my delivery address at my workplace, the courier has carded me twice and I now have to pick it up from the depot tomorrow...ironically very near my workplace and I have the day off tomorrow!

Only a couple of weeks ago my calendar and magazine turned up at work as usual too...never mind :mellow:

All sorted now after a quick visit to Fareham, very pleased too as usual with the majority of the club loco releases ( I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on that Fairburn tank in powder blue though, even though they did sell very quickly!)

I picked a fine time for a day off too, torrential rain all morning, got soaked feet in Sainsbury's car park and nearly got my beer wet after a quick visit to Bitter Virtue :locomotive:

I hope to pick mine up tomorrow from the local (ish) Fed-Ex depot...

Unfortunately the loco was sent to my invoice address at home rather than my delivery address at my workplace, the courier has carded me twice and I now have to pick it up from the depot tomorrow...ironically very near my workplace and I have the day off tomorrow!

Only a couple of weeks ago my calendar and magazine turned up at work as usual too...never mind :mellow:

I have had a similar problem but have managed to get it sorted. If you speak to the Collectors Club directly and explain the issue they will be able to amend the FedEx system from the post room at their end.

Do any international subscribers have their calendar and winter magazine yet? (Particularly from the US?)

I haven't received mine in France either. In the past I have received it the same day as those in the UK so they have on occasion been sent out early in anticipation.

Mine arrived here in Portugal yesterday.

I did call the club this evening (GMT). I was told that they were dispatched on the 3rd and asked could I wait a few days. If it doesn't show up before the new year, I will send them a note.

I did call the club this evening (GMT). I was told that they were dispatched on the 3rd and asked could I wait a few days. If it doesn't show up before the new year, I will send them a note.

All is well. Calendar and Winter magazine arrived at my local post office - perhaps even around the time I was writing the above post.

• RMweb Premium

Sure enough a bid retraction has appeared on the singular one. On the bid list it records this was due to an accidental over bid of £500.

Round spherical reproductive components is what I say to that!!!

One bloke has FOUR available and was asking 299 then dropped it to 249... Very unimpressed.

Back to £299 again now.

Another has been bid up to £133 plus £9 postage with over 5 days to go. Wouldn't it be cheaper to join the collectors club and order one at that price, or have they all been sold now?

Some  

Back to £299 again now.

Another has been bid up to £133 plus £9 postage with over 5 days to go. Wouldn't it be cheaper to join the collectors club and order one at that price, or have they all been sold now?

Some people obviously do not think before bidding,remember the Ethel being sold for over £200,and they took ages for Bachmann CC to sell out

That one at 133 was 294 before a bid got retracted, the bloke who has the 4 got a snotty message from myself, why should he have 4 CC accounts to buy multiple locos to sell? It ruins it for others who may eventually find them sold out. They still hae plenty I believe, I spoke to the lady on the phone when I ordered mine. I shall happily run mine with a sound decoder with parcel coaches when I get a layout built again. Too nice to stare at it on a shelf.. When it could be thrashing round my layout, or rumbling round a depot.

yes the one at 299 has been bobbing up and down hasnt it?.....249.....then back to 299 - the seller canny make his mind up how much he wants for it.....

when youve got 4 to sell i cant help but think the poor seller is going to have his fingers burnt.  break even at best for these oddball limited editions as i see less evidence these days on ebay of those frivolous purchases.

if you are a CC member are you restricted to just one limited edition or can you buy as many as your wallet allows????

At first you are limited to one model per member. This restriction is eventually lifted after a unknown period of time, presumably when sales slow down. Certain models such as the nuclear flask wagon were sold out before the restriction was lifted. In this case I suspect the Ebay seller in question may have to wait some time before he can realize any profit on his investment, it is not that long since the British Railways D11 was released and it is hardly a new model.

To obtain more than one of each model I suspect you must have access to multiple memberships, either by paying multiple subscriptions or by having friends who are members who aren't interested in these limited editions.

The magazines and members' wagons are worth the annual fee alone, I can't recommend the club enough (not to mention the nice lady who answers the telephone when you call!). 

Archived