Bachmann Collectors' Club - Doncaster Enterprise and PO wagons in OO and N

Andy Y

yes the one at 299 has been bobbing up and down hasnt it?.....249.....then back to 299 - the seller canny make his mind up how much he wants for it.....

when youve got 4 to sell i cant help but think the poor seller is going to have his fingers burnt.  break even at best for these oddball limited editions as i see less evidence these days on ebay of those frivolous purchases.

if you are a CC member are you restricted to just one limited edition or can you buy as many as your wallet allows????

Amazingly it seems he has sold 2,

• RMweb Premium

The singular one has had yet another bid retraction, indeed four bids have mysteriously disappeared.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=140898366717&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:BIDN&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2765

This has got rigged shill bidding written all over it but no point reporting it to Ebay, they clearly don't give a toss anymore...

• RMweb Premium

Amazingly it seems he has sold 2,

I don't think he has, usually when one of a multiple lot auction is sold it says so, there is no mention of this which makes me think this guy thought he was going to be able to get four of them by whatever shifty means he has employed but was only successful in getting two.

Back to £299 again now.Another has been bid up to £133 plus £9 postage with over 5 days to go. Wouldn't it be cheaper to join the collectors club and order one at that price, or have they all been sold now?

They are still available to buy on the Collectors Club web site.

Regards

Mr B

At first you are limited to one model per member. This restriction is eventually lifted after a unknown period of time, presumably when sales slow down. Certain models such as the nuclear flask wagon were sold out before the restriction was lifted. In this case I suspect the Ebay seller in question may have to wait some time before he can realize any profit on his investment, it is not that long since the British Railways D11 was released and it is hardly a new model.

To obtain more than one of each model I suspect you must have access to multiple memberships, either by paying multiple subscriptions or by having friends who are members who aren't interested in these limited editions.

The magazines and members' wagons are worth the annual fee alone, I can't recommend the club enough (not to mention the nice lady who answers the telephone when you call!). 

Whilst chatting to Dennis at Bachmann today we discussed this point. Only one Collectors' Club item can be bought per member, policed by the way their systems are set up. In this case if a person is trying to sell multiple items they must have multiple memberships. Bachmann do check that a membership isn't active already at an address so if any goes on it must be friends/relatives/work addresses and different names etc.

Once someone's bought an item Bachmann obviously can't police what happens to it thereafter and it really is caveat emptor to buy something off ebay with more limited statutory rights and paying a higher price than the locos are still available for (in this case) directly from the Collectors' Club.

i rejoined the Bachmann collectors club just to order the model of 47522 and got 2 questions, (1) do the parcel company deliver saturdays n (2) how long from placing order  roughly does it take to arrive.

i ask the 2 questions since i may be out but i dont want to miss the parcel company

thanks in advance

• RMweb Gold

Think the easiest thing to do would be for you to phone the Collectors Club at Barwell on Monday and ask them directly - I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions as when talking to them in the past they have always been very helpful.

Keith

Bachmann use Fed-Ex for deliveries, AFAIK they don't deliver on Saturdays as part of the normal service, most courier companies charge around £25 for Saturday morning deliveries.

If no one is present at delivery time they will leave a card and attempt to deliver next day, thereafter the parcel will be held for collection at the local depot for a week or so before being returned to Bachmann according to the Fed-Ex website.

If you can phone them in time after the first card (ie: before the van leaves on the second delivery attempt) it is posible to have the parcel left with a nominated neighbour.

My model arrived with 5 days of having paid for it btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined the Bachmann Club yesterday, ordered my Doncaster model, this was after having an email discussion with one ebay member who has one on the auction site for £175.00 or best offer, the supposed best offer turned out to be £150.00 on a private sale.

I did point out to Him that I can join the club, and order a Model all for the princely sum of £132.35, plus getting a membership with all the extras, mags, wagon etc etc etc.

I thought i would point this out again, as other RM Webbers have on here before, contact Bachmann first too see if the item is in stock, and buy from them with a membership, try too avoid buying from the Ltd Edition Model carpet baggers.

Archived