Bachmann Collectors' Club - Doncaster Enterprise and PO wagons in OO and N

Andy Y

Bachmann Collectors' Club Magazine should shortly be reaching readers with news of their new Collectors' Club releases.

47 522 'Doncaster Enterprise' in LNER green.

Don1.jpg

New to traffic as D1105 in BR two tone green livery. Renumbered to 47522 in March 1974 when it was repainted into BR blue livery.

Named at Doncaster Works Open Day on 3rd October 1987 by Councillor Gladys Ambler, Mayor of Doncaster. Loco appeared in LNER green for the occasion.

Allocated to Parcels Sector and enjoyed celebrity status.

Following a collision in January 1990 at Dover the loco required works attention and was repainted in Parcels red/grey livery.

Withdrawn from traffic in January 1999 and cut up at Wigan in February 2000.

The Collectors Club model will be available to members via their website http://Bachmann-coll...co.uk/index.php at a price of £101.60 + £5.75 P&P

PO wagon sets

BCC.jpg

Finished in a variety of North-West and Scottish PO liveries.

The OO set is £27.50 Free P&P

The N set is £22.70 Free P&P

Named and unveiled in its unique livery at Doncaster Open Day in October 1997 the loco ran in this livery until its demise at Dover in 1990.

Surely these dates are incorrect. I've certainly never seen the loco before.

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium

Very nice, but why couldn't Bachmann have modelled it in its earlier "life" - same livery but before the radio aerials and SF sparrow were added? It is much easier to add these details than remove them and I'm loathe to try on a Limited Edition model I can confidently say i'll spoil trying.

I have a copy of the Collector's Club Winter Edition,newly arrived now in front of me. It contains a photo of 47522 in this livery at the head of 11:30 Trans-Pennine Newcastle-Liverpool ,taken by Gavin Morrison. Why doubt?

I think he was making reference to the date of `97 which may have been on Andy`s OP. 522 was on the pennine`s on Sat 18th and 25th April 89 as i had it on them dates.

Thanks for the photos Andy, temped indeed.

• RMweb Gold

Got my collectors mag today.

States was named Doncaster Enterprise on the 3rd October 1987.

Think an innocent typo crept in before :-)

Edit.

Just noticed already corrected.

Ordered mine last week so looking forward to seeing it soon.

Think an innocent typo crept in before :-)

That's correct, it was amended shortly after but it would have hopefully been self-explanatory seeing as the dates were 1997 to 1990 rather than 1987 to 1990.

• RMweb Gold

That's correct, it was amended shortly after but it would have hopefully been self-explanatory seeing as the dates were 1997 to 1990 rather than 1987 to 1990.

Very true. I missed that as well as the edit.

Failed twice ! ;-)

Thanks for the heads up, I have ordered mine this evening. This was always one of my favourite locos from my trainspotting days. I must admit I never saw it in this guise, I always remember it with Parcels written on the side and without the sparrow, just as Lima modeled it over 20 years ago. Thank you Bachmann for a touch of nostalgia.

• RMweb Gold

Are there any hints of new products contained in the calendar?

Just been looking at the calendar - J15 0-6-0 appears twice (August and November) and P2 2-8-2 Earl Marischal appears once (October)............

Keith

I had a call last Friday from Bachmann to confirm my card details so they could process my order (typo on the form a rep completed at Warley) but nothing as yet in the post. Should have asked then if they had them to hand but assumed as they wanted to charge my card that they did!

Archived