Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby Sentinel - including cranked version

Southernman46

I just got an email from 'somewhere in Liverpool' giving a new forecast of October.

The NCB and Esso versions are showing on the Hornby trade website as due into Margate week commencing 7th October, the Tarmac one as being due 11th November.

Needless to say, this is subject to change.

• 2 months later...

The NCB and Esso versions are showing on the Hornby trade website as due into Margate week commencing 7th October, the Tarmac one as being due 11th November.

Needless to say, this is subject to change.

Trade website now showing Tarmac and Esso versions due into Margate week commencing November 18th and the NCB version due November 25th.

However, be warned. There is a huge amount of items shown for release in November and December, so this may change.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really late in on this post I'm afraid but I booked my NCB one from Invicta Models today.

Had to have one as I have such fond memories of driving the one up at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway - there are plenty of pics of this loco as well as the society info page here at

http://www.pontypool-and-blaenavon.co.uk/pages/enthusiasts/StockItem.aspx?id=31

Dedicated decoder sounds like a pain but I will fit a Lenz Gold Mini somehow, probably remove any socket & hard wire.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all of Hornby's announcements for 2013 the Sentinel was the main one that jumped onto my interest list.

I understand there may be some variations to the production model from these pre-prods which have been seen around before so we shall see. Yes, the axle-boxes look oversized or at least I've not seen any pics of ones like that and I'd be keen to see what can be done with those if necessary and the separate side panel once aligned correctly (hard to do on these pre-prods) doesn't look too offensive, nothing that a spot of filler wouldn't cure anyway.

Sentinel_NCB_1s.jpg

Sentinel_Tarmac_1s.jpg

Sentinel_Esso_1s.jpg

The Esso one doesn't look that plasticy in the flesh, it's more to do with the slight overexposure.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Not sure I can add much to Andy's great pisc except to confirm that having seen them at Wycrail today the Esso one does look a bit more plastic but a bit of weathering will soon sort that out.  Pity I don't 'do that sort of thing' as they look really nice!

revSentinelEsso800px_zpsd6f7b185.jpg

revSentinelTarmac800px_zpsf23f6a84.jpg

revSentinelTriple800px_zps71ecff1d.jpg

(Sorry my close up of blue one on camera phone was naff)

• Like 1

What else was there at Wycrail?

OFF-TOPIC: Looking at that set which contains the RES Class 47 (R1172 The Majestic Digital Set) I just wish they use the Limby Class 47 (with upgrades such as NEM couplings, DCC sockets. etc) instead of the old Hornby one.

Blimy! Not again! I guess the Limby tools are still stuck somewhere.......................

• RMweb Gold

OFF-TOPIC: Looking at that set which contains the RES Class 47 (R1172 The Majestic Digital Set) I just wish they use the Limby Class 47 (with upgrades such as NEM couplings, DCC sockets. etc) instead of the old Hornby one.

The Limby one is appearing this year in a train pack and as a separate sale item, so the use of the Hornby one in this set could have something to do with the set being the responsibility of one contract manufacturer while the other items are being made elsewhere.

• RMweb Premium

The Limby one is appearing this year in a train pack and as a separate sale item, so the use of the Hornby one in this set could have something to do with the set being the responsibility of one contract manufacturer while the other items are being made elsewhere.

Has anyone actually seen this set yet? I'm sure I've read a quote from Hornby (SK?) that the Majestic set will have a Limby 47, not least because the Hornby one is not DCC ready so would need a hard wired decoder fitted by the factory or a costly chassis upgrade.

Blimy! Not again! I guess the Limby tools are still stuck somewhere.......................

Yup... sadly they made be. The Hornby version was OK, the bogies are more of a let down :( and some of the details around the duffer beam area. The Limby version is quite good apart from it's sad expression.

Their release dates are quite close so maybe that's the case. It was a huge let down when the railroad Northern Belle turned up in a Hornby guise :(

Has anyone actually seen this set yet? I'm sure I've read a quote from Hornby (SK?) that the Majestic set will have a Limby 47, not least because the Hornby one is not DCC ready so would need a hard wired decoder fitted by the factory or a costly chassis upgrade.

That's something useful. I shall enquire about it further and then post about it.

Now lets get back to Sentinels!!!!

The model will indeed be the Limby one. As promised I enquired about it and Hornby have said that it will be the Limby version.

https://www.facebook.com/officialhornby/posts/10151734080100843?comment_id=27998341&offset=0&total_comments=1&notif_t=feed_comment

Anyway sets aside... Lets get back to Sentinels

Curious to know what was there to DISAGREE in my post above hespertalbahn?? I can't think of anything to disagree with...very strange.

Hello there !

Quite simple, I disagreed because it was off topic as well as the posts before.

I am really looking forward for the Sentinel and hope to get informations about that model and its delivery in this thread.

So I am disappointed to read things about other models.

But don't take it too serious !

Best wishes

Dirk

• Like 5

Hello there !

Quite simple, I disagreed because it was off topic as well as the posts before.

I am really looking forward for the Sentinel and hope to get informations about that model and its delivery in this thread.

So I am disappointed to read things about other models.

But don't take it too serious !

Best wishes

Dirk

Really very lame to disagree to. A few posts that are off-topic really don't hamper your personal wishes to see Sentinel's. If it wasn't meant to be taken serious it wouldn't have been there. Silly things to rate as DISAGREE really!!