Hornby Sentinel - including cranked version

Southernman46

• RMweb Gold

Hello there !

Quite simple, I disagreed because it was off topic as well as the posts before.

I am really looking forward for the Sentinel and hope to get informations about that model and its delivery in this thread.

So I am disappointed to read things about other models.

But don't take it too serious !

Best wishes

Dirk

Rather an odd thing to do, it has to be said.

No, Sentinel made 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 variants with either chain drive or outside coupling rods, the one in the photo is, obviously, an outside rod 0-6-0 whereas Hornby are offering the 0-4-0 without the outside rods.

The one in the photo looks like it's had a bit of a thump on the leading end with that raked back buffer beam and bonnet.

The one in the photo looks like it's had a bit of a thump on the leading end with that raked back buffer beam and bonnet.

I reckon that the picture is simply snapped or badly scanned, if it's taken from the book I think it comes from...

Adam

• RMweb Premium

Yes, it has not had a bump it is merely the curve of the page I took a quick snap from, sometimes the obvious does nit always hit you in the face and I should have noticed the 0-6-0 as opposed to the Hornby 0-4-0!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on their arrival?

Not specifically but I believe it to be at the turn of the year which is likely to mean an early-in-the-New-Year appearance on the shelves.

The latest pre-prod on Hornby's stand last weekend showed there's been a welcome reduction in the size of the axleboxes and a change in the bottom corners of the bufferbeam.

Before:

Sentinel_NCB_1s.jpg

Now:

Sentinel1s.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Not specifically but I believe it to be at the turn of the year which is likely to mean an early-in-the-New-Year appearance on the shelves.

The latest pre-prod on Hornby's stand last weekend showed there's been a welcome reduction in the size of the axleboxes and a change in the bottom corners of the bufferbeam.

Before:

attachicon.gifSentinel_NCB_1s.jpg

Now:

attachicon.gifSentinel1s.jpg

Neat blanking plate where the tension lock fits.

It also looks like they've narrowed the loco and reduced the step out from the side sheets at footplate level. Chain drive locos were flush sided and rod drive locos have a pronounced step because they are wider below footplate level.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Drat - I was hoping to get mine before Christmas as we have a show in early January and I was hoping to get to play with it beforehand to set up the decoder or hard wire in a different one if no 'tweak ability' is built in :(