Cowans Sheldon 75 Tonne Telescopic Breakdown Crane ADRC 96713 Scratchbuild - First run

Oh yes Simon that really does look the business, very nice indeed. It is really coming on now.

I look forward to seeing the next update.

First class modelling. It is a shame that Wigan is so far away as I would love to see it in the flesh.

Enjoy the show Sir.

• 1 year later...

Finally after 12 months, managed to progress the crane tonight. All the Wasp warning stripes need applying, I have used Fox Transfers class 08 wasp stripes for the tail end of the crane. The breakdown vehicle stripes have been used for the buffer beam of the weight relieving bogie. The wasp stripes on the radiator grill will be painted on. Its quite a slow process to do, ensuring all is square.

post-6834-0-71654700-1434055362_thumb.jpg

The wasp stripes on the bufferbeam are not quite deep enough, but it should be easy enough to extend with a fine black permanent marker.

Cheers

Simon

Very nice Simon.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob. Managed to apply some more wasp stripes but it is a slow process. So far today done 2 of the out riggers and also one side of the jib. At somepoint I will need to draw up the Cowans Sheldon logo for printing my own transfers for the jib.

post-6834-0-42432500-1434219076_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Hi,

The application of the wasp stripes is progressing, very slowly! Tonight managed to complete the outriggers and the inner end of the crane underframe. Also the wasp stripes on the grill are now complete, these where done using a fine black marker.

Here the crane is posed with a Springs Branch allocated 20023.

post-6834-0-64915000-1434400058_thumb.jpg

post-6834-0-96354400-1434400116_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Superb Simon, superb! Great to see that progress is being made on this beauty!

Thanks Alex,

Hopefully it should be finished this year (goal - Wigan show October 2015)! Just need to look at making a small layout for it to feature on now.

Cheers

Simon

Finally managed to finish applying all the wasp stripes, it was a long process but worth it compared to painting and masking all the individual lines.

Just got all the remaining detail to add and remaining transfers and it will be done. Just need to look at finishing my MMP class 56, along with Dallam of course!

post-6834-0-65551700-1434713615_thumb.jpg

post-6834-0-20205300-1434713656_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

First class job there Simon - A very nice bit of kit - Looking forward to seeing progress on your Class 56.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks for the comments Bob! Regards the 56, I don't think there was alot to do to get it to the painting stage, famous last words, so hopefully get that completed before the end of 2015, I have been working on it, on and off, since December 2009!

Cheers

Simon

A cracking model well done Simon, any thoughts of a working O Gauge model?

Ian G

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the comments. Yes I would like to do a 7mm version eventually, think it would be possible to motorise it at that scale. It will be quite a while off yet though as I want to get Dallam progressed and the MMP class 56 finished aswell.

Cheers

Simon

Superb Simon, she is looking mighty fine!

I had better get my depot finished so that your crane can make a visit!

Thanks Alex.

Managed to locate some suitable motive power for hauling the crane to Boxenby.

post-6834-0-16580600-1435174160_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Finally managed to achieve a small amount of work on the crane following the distractions of the summer holidays. I ordered some Oleo buffers from Lanarkshire Modelling supplies and they are superb, not much cleaning up required at all before priming and painting. They are loosely fitted at the moment.

post-6834-0-53435300-1440176180_thumb.jpg

I have also ordered the transfers from Railtec to complete the tool and riding vans.

Cheers

Simon

Got my transfers from Railtec, excellent quality and fast delivery. Made a start on applying the transfers to the Tool van.

Once the transfers are all done, a coat of satin varnish will be applied followed by some weathering.

post-6834-0-83954800-1440348719_thumb.jpg

Just got the staff coach to do and finish the crane, then the train will be complete.

Cheers

Simon

Archived