Boxenby depot

Grimleygrid

Thanks Scott, it is a nice model. Well if it helps tempt you back, then that is good news. But remember modelling is for your enjoyment and hopefully you will find a project that will keep you interested. You must be happy!

For me, modelling time can be scarce with work and family so it is vital that when you do find time for it, that you get enjoyment otherwise there is no point. Sorry to waffle on....

You can always come and help ballast Boxenby. Now that will certainly motivate you to find a project!

Railfreight 26, ScotRail 47, eh Alex? You must be aware by now that resistance is futile. You know you just have to have a couple of Large Logo 47s too of course, one with a Westie and one with a Highland Stag.

Might I suggest Boxenby ScotRail as a new name for the depot...?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Whilst I have not been able to get on with any modelling over the past week, I have spent some time working on the artwork for some dry rub down transfers for future stock. This includes, classes 20, 31, 37, 45, 47, 56, 58 and 60. Whilst not the definitive fleet it is a start.

This should hopefully cover the period from 1988 to 1992, some locos will be eligible for all years modelled. I am planning to get the transfers printed over the next month or so. I think it might be time to get some locos ready!

• Like 1

Whilst I have not been able to get on with any modelling over the past week, I have spent some time working on the artwork for some dry rub down transfers for future stock. This includes, classes 20, 31, 37, 45, 47, 56, 58 and 60. Whilst not the definitive fleet it is a start.

This should hopefully cover the period from 1988 to 1992, some locos will be eligible for all years modelled. I am planning to get the transfers printed over the next month or so. I think it might be time to get some locos ready!

Hi Alex,

Looking forwards to some stock weathering it's been a while. Your transfers have my interest. Are they going to be like the Replica rub on numbers? I think they are great but they don't seem to do them anymore.

Cheers Peter.

Railfreight 26, ScotRail 47, eh Alex? You must be aware by now that resistance is futile. You know you just have to have a couple of Large Logo 47s too of course, one with a Westie and one with a Highland Stag.

Might I suggest Boxenby ScotRail as a new name for the depot...?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, the resistance is wearing down! Problem is that there are too many to model, 47595, my favourite, 614, 578, 546, 644, 617, 636, 641, 550, 460, 640, 517 to name but a few. Oh and 47118 and 47120!

But I think it might look a bit silly as a Scottish based TMD!

Hi Alex,

Looking forwards to some stock weathering it's been a while. Your transfers have my interest. Are they going to be like the Replica rub on numbers? I think they are great but they don't seem to do them anymore.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, yes they are going to be like the Replica ones. In the past I have used them for all my 60s, both triple grey and EWS. The dry rub down transfers are so much easier to apply and don't have the carrier film which can spoil the whole look around the numbers.

Thanks Peter, yes they are going to be like the Replica ones. In the past I have used them for all my 60s, both triple grey and EWS. The dry rub down transfers are so much easier to apply and don't have the carrier film which can spoil the whole look around the numbers.

Well thats good Alex,

If you do some white ones for blue diesels I would be happy to buy some from you. Though I do have a bit of a stash of Replica ones. I find them way better than waterslide too and have been using them for years. 

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems that at the moment I cannot find much time to do any modelling! However I am hoping that this will change during the week. My plan is to get the LEDs for the working inspection pit lights fixed permanently in position later this week. Then with the help of Will, I can get all the inspection pits wired up.

Grimley Senior has kindly been working on the Pelloby swing jib cranes, with the first prototype having been produced:

18433664274_f984a055d9_n.jpgphoto 3 by AP474, on Flickr

19029956566_7a0ef9af0b_n.jpgphoto 2 by AP474, on Flickr

18870013049_c002e2b96a_n.jpgphoto 1 by AP474, on Flickr

18868519388_1da1e96e18_n.jpgphoto 4 by AP474, on Flickr

I have finished the artwork for the numbers for the main Boxenby fleet. Now to get the transfers produced.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well it seems that at the moment I cannot find much time to do any modelling! However I am hoping that this will change during the week. My plan is to get the LEDs for the working inspection pit lights fixed permanently in position later this week. Then with the help of Will, I can get all the inspection pits wired up.

Grimley Senior has kindly been working on the Pelloby swing jib cranes, with the first prototype having been produced:

I have finished the artwork for the numbers for the main Boxenby fleet. Now to get the transfers produced.

They look very good! I fancy something similar myself. Do you have any overall dimensions ?

Last night, with the help of Will and a glue gun, I managed to get a bit of modelling done. The LEDs for the working inspection pit lights have now been fitted permanently. Now to get the inspection pits wired up.

I mentioned before that I had finished sorting out loco numbers in order to have some transfers produced, here are the first batch:

19114426986_06a0046d74_z.jpgBoxenby-loco-numbers-21Jun1 by AP474, on Flickr

You can get an idea of some of the traction that will be seen at Boxenby.

• Like 7

Hi Peter, yes indeed. I do have to be careful though, otherwise the depot will have all my favourite locos stabled out the front of the shed! This would obviously be very unrealistic and silly. As you can see a few of my favs have crept in, 47595, lots of Thornaby 37/5s, 50036 and lots of Large Logo Grids!

There are the main fleet of 20s, 56s and 58s which is what you would expect to see.

Hi Simon, yes there are a few nice ones on there but I have to be careful not to have too many celebrity locos otherwise it will look a bit funny. The majority are your typical every day boring and mundane locos which will hopefully be more prototypical. Banger blue 20s, unnamed 56s and 58s with a few 31s, 37s and 47s as well. Oh and quite a few class 60s for the latter part of my modelling period!

Yes I do plan to model 31101 with the red stripe around the cab, there is something quite appealing about that particular 31! Original Railfreight livery is my favourite livery for class 31s so I do plan to have a few of those.