Boxenby depot

Grimleygrid

Power On..!

Good to see the use of sub-contract labour too :D

As regards the chip sounds 60's do sound all well and good albeit clinical until the Rf 31 fired up -  dirty and uneconomical but brilliant.

Jock 26 with a Sulzer 6LDA unit in model form what a sound of spanners in a bag.

Ian

• Like 1

Need to keep my eyes peeled for a RF & a LL  Class 56  and a Sector 60 but not in coal livery

Shame, I could of obliged with at least a couple off that list a couple of months ago, but all gone now, and pleased to say one was transferred to Broxenby too!!!

Nice 60 sounds there, and yes the 31 sounded so uneconomical when it started up in comparison.

Lovely work Mr Grimley, I'm looking forward to the next milestone now.

Jinty ;)

Need to keep my eyes peeled for a RF & a LL  Class 56  and a Sector 60 but not in coal livery 

You certainly do! Railfreight and Large Logo Grids, lovely! What sector livery are you after? Hornby are due to release a coal one soon, so you could always get one and then change it. The Petroleum ones are very hard to come by. Hopefully next year Hornby will release a Metals one! Fingers crossed....

Shame, I could of obliged with at least a couple off that list a couple of months ago, but all gone now, and pleased to say one was transferred to Broxenby too!!!

Nice 60 sounds there, and yes the 31 sounded so uneconomical when it started up in comparison.

Lovely work Mr Grimley, I'm looking forward to the next milestone now.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty, it is hard to hear the 60 with the 31 idling away!

Hopefully getting the pits, platforms and floor down will be the next milestone.

Power On..!

Good to see the use of sub-contract labour too :D

As regards the chip sounds 60's do sound all well and good albeit clinical until the Rf 31 fired up -  dirty and uneconomical but brilliant.

Jock 26 with a Sulzer 6LDA unit in model form what a sound of spanners in a bag.

Ian

Hi Ian, it is nice to get the power on! Well, it is a British tradition! I just had too.....

I am quite liking the sound fitted locos but think it would become very annoying if you had 20 odd all idling away! As you know I am quite fond of 60s, so it is nice to have one fitted with sound. Planning to get a few Legomanbiffo chips in the future.

My 26 will definitely be fitted with sound!

• Like 1

You certainly do! Railfreight and Large Logo Grids, lovely! What sector livery are you after? Hornby are due to release a coal one soon, so you could always get one and then change it. The Petroleum ones are very hard to come by. Hopefully next year Hornby will release a Metals one! Fingers crossed....

Not fussy just not coal as my 58 is coal so after a mix. 

Boxenby had a visitor today:

21008736415_054799602f.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

20386120054_aacc9ff790.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

20998858182_5626733363.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

21008696985_8ff9c77c52.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

I can probably just about get away with 47461 and 60014 being together. 47461 had its accident in November 1990, and 60014 was out and about in 1990, so in theory, they could have met up!

• Like 2

This afternoon I have been cutting small channels at the end of the dead end roads for the wires to sit in the pits below the top of the plastic. This will then allow the buffer stops to sit nicely on to the end of the inspection pits.

A few photos of the buffer stops plonked on the end of the pits;

21011572586_641f249476.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

21045422351_6ec77193e0.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

60014 at the stops:

20849965058_3b1ecdcd1f.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

This will show the view from the main platform at the rear of the dead end pits;

21045470301_5586b0e4a0.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

20415207054_87bef0089f.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

20849957208_64a307da1a.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

21045476081_747289b2ab.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

20416805133_592d5edb6e.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

A view looking across the dead end roads:

21027921402_5c8272d835.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

Looking towards the rear of the shed between two roads:

20851062299_56bc2a5372.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

An aerial view looking across the dead end roads:

20415223364_b243ba9196.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

A different angle looking across roads 7 to 15

20849760570_cbfee50ba7.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

• Like 10

Fantastic pictures Grimley. That line up is seriously impressive. Very Toton indeed. Unfortunately the last time I saw a line up like that it was all sheds and skips!!

I can see why Cav's getting all sentimental about his old 37, it does indeed look lovely. 

Thanks Marcus, I really need to get a few of my 20s chipped, doesn't seem right without them. Oh and a few more Grids!

The last time I visited Toton it was full of Sheds and a couple of 60s but nothing like my first visit in 1988! Shame.....

Cav did a fantastic job on 707, superb loco.

Hi Alex,

Nice to see some pics and video of loco's moving about the shed. Have you got any triple grey class 58s I've not noticed one. 

Now stop playing trains and get that floor painted. lol

Cheers Peter.

Hi Alex,

Nice to see some pics and video of loco's moving about the shed. Have you got any triple grey class 58s I've not noticed one. 

Now stop playing trains and get that floor painted. lol

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, it is great to see some locos moving!

I have one triple grey 58, will have to get a few more! Problem is, I prefer them in Original Railfreight.....

You beat me to it! I was going to post that I now know why the pits were not wired up earlier, otherwise there would have been a lot more playing and very little modelling going on! Good job really.......it would be very easy to just move locos instead of actually working on the layout. There is no way I would have gotten this far if there was the ability to play. However, playing trains has motivated me to get on and finish the floor! You are right Peter, I do need to stop it and do some modelling!

My plan now is to get the rails touched up, pits in their final position, floor pieces primed, painted and weathered, and finally get the inspection platforms and floor down permanently. My target is by Christmas to have all this done. Is that achievable? I hope so.

I recently purchased a couple of chips for my two Blue Grids, but when I went to run them, nothing! As the majority of my fleet have not been run much since purchase, I suppose it is no great surprise that they wouldn't move! So off to see Grimley Senior they went and have now returned in full working order.

20510767433_ff288bb3bc.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

21139629991_5274e28ac3.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

Is it me or do Romanian Grids look great in BR blue? Cannot wait to see these two become 008 and 022 respectively and turned into work stained Grids.

I will take some video later but then over the weekend I really do need to do some modelling.....

• Like 5

Now stop playing and get some cladding done as well.

Ian

Terribly sorry Sir, will stop playing and get cracking!

Being realistic, I think it will probably not be until the new year before I can start on the cladding. Looking forward to seeing the cladding go on....

I am getting a bit bored of the inside of the shed now! But at least once the floor is down I can get the shed building finished.