RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

post-4446-0-20331200-1304586425_thumb.jpg

i loved this pic on the other thread it was on (which i can't remember!)

as opposed to a shot of a real scene, to me this looks like a slide taken at the time and has since been scanned into flickr or similar. i think it's the contrasts/colours, where either might have went slightly 'off' in translation.

(btw this is no slight on your modelling or photography, both are wonderful - it's just the combination that makes me think of other pics i've seen, esp. on flickr)

• Like 3

no problem keefer,i think of it as a happy accident.all my model shots so far have been on film,print and slide and all shots taken out doors in natural daylight.so it could be down to a combination of grain of the film/colour cast/scanning process,etc.dont know what results with my new digital slr will be like,havent had chance to try it yet.when i do get the chance im shure ill let you all know. GONZO76.

Thanks for all the positive comments. A couple more from me.

post-1855-0-64123200-1305660171_thumb.jpg

post-1855-0-81205100-1305660083_thumb.jpg

My photo board is quite limited in what it can do, so I hope people don't find these boring. Obviously the 47 shot has a photoshopped background, the 37 is against the real backscene.

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 9

Thanks for all the positive comments. A couple more from me.

post-1855-0-64123200-1305660171_thumb.jpg

post-1855-0-81205100-1305660083_thumb.jpg

My photo board is quite limited in what it can do, so I hope people don't find these boring. Obviously the 47 shot has a photoshopped background, the 37 is against the real backscene.

Cheers,

Rick

It might be limited... but the results are very good - and ok, that photoshopped backdrop is very convincing. Nice locos as always.

Hi folks,

The number of real photos masquerading as models on this thread is becoming disturbing. Great stuff. :D

Here's the first from me for a while, as a slightly work-stained 47711 hits the magical 100mph mark at the rear of a Glasgow - Edinburgh push-pull service back in August 1982...

post-7247-0-73628300-1306396382_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 9

Guest jonte

a brakevan tour is marshalled at Liverpool's swan street goods in the 1960s.

brakevanrailtour.jpg

I know I'm just repeating what's been said many times before, but Swan Street is a wonderful model railway, Michael. You must be as proud as punch to own it.

Jonte

• Like 1

Hi folks,

The number of real photos masquerading as models on this thread is becoming disturbing. Great stuff. :D

Here's the first from me for a while, as a slightly work-stained 47711 hits the magical 100mph mark at the rear of a Glasgow - Edinburgh push-pull service back in August 1982...

post-7247-0-73628300-1306396382_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Great shot. What would really make it would be the Serck cooling louvres wide open.

Edit: typo - can't spell louvres

It's all very well you teasing us with this Baby Deltic, Baby Deltic - can you tell us more about it? B) ;)

Yes. It is a Heljan pre-production model which Grahame Wareham (Brush Veteran) very kindly brought along to the Leytonstone Show. We spent the day running it on our layout 'Harford Street'.

The trouble is, now I've seen one of these models in the flesh, I can't wait for them to come out.:cry: