Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Sorry Jim... but I can't see any smoke coming from the exhaust :laugh:.

But seriously... splendid. Difficult to guess colour - is it that sandy colour (my Dolomite was that colour Sandglow it was called) - i'll get my coat

Edited by Mod5
To remove unnecesary quote

Absolutely 1st Class photo. Pardon my ignorance but what is the layouts name so i can look it up ?

Cheers Oggy (?) Much apprieciation.

The layout is Outon Road, theres a layout thread on here and also the build and summary of the layout so far in the 2010 challenge section.

Cheers

Cav

Guest jim s-w

And a file-o-fax Chris

Cant see any repairs on google earth. Prompted by your question though I counted 'repairs' on the way to work over a mile. there were 14 of which half looked like the work of cable TV companies. As a rough calculation theres 5000 feet in a mile so thats an average of 1 repair every 350 feet or 1 every 700 feed discounting the cable TV ones. The bit of road in the pic is about a scale 100 feet long so a repair in that space would be unlikely anyway.

While its nigh on impossible to find good pictures of streets in the 80's I am (where they still exist) using modern ones for reference. I thought there would be a man hole on this one too but no!

Cheers

Jim

(PS - how anal is that!?)

(PS - how anal is that!?)

Jim, with the time and effort you are putting in to get it right it aint anal at all!

And you just KNOW, if you dont, someone 'who was there' will point it out to you!

Do the drains have 4 slits or 5? laugh1.gif

ps how are you going to get the Paco Rabane or Blue Stratos fumes across?

post-6672-0-87914700-1307563491_thumb.jpg

J15 65463 on a short branch freight near Standon Lordship on the Buntingford line. It was my second 7mm loco built about 16 years ago, a Gibson kit, bought a few weeks before the much better Connoisseur kit was released. It looked OK...from a distance of about 10 feet if you squinted hard.

I pickled it in cellulose thinners a couple of years ago and later applied the flame-thrower to it, so now in bits awaiting rebuilding as an N31 class (J14).

Got the drawings and the sheet metal, but not yet got the time...

• Like 20

The other shots are great but I'm not sure those Triang locos are very realistic (nice though!).

Some superb photos further up the page too. I regret I don't yet have any scenic areas on my new layout to attempt any photos like these but it gives me something to aim for - lots of wonderful inspirations here.

:yahoo:

• RMweb Premium

Great to see someone else looking after an 82004 I have one (with still working smoke). I have just bought a new motor for it. The attached photo is obviously not a model but it shows what could be achieved on a layout when we photograph locos at events. This was at the 'Thomas' day on the GSWR 12 June 2011, The bus just happened to go over the bridge when I took the photo but it is evocative of some time in the 60s' especially when coverted to B&W and photoshopped a bit. I always look for inspiration when I go to events like thispost-7211-0-57081600-1307993354_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A quiet moment in the yard at Laterite & Co.

post-7025-0-86259100-1307965646_thumb.jpg

Terrific shot Stubby, a real sense of scale.

How on earth did you get the camera in there?

Cheers,

Dave.

• Like 1