Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

I'm an infrequent visitor to this topic but thought you might like to see the branch goods coasting downhill over the cliffs; the crew are taking a bit of a breather with the hard work all done and the end of the shift in sight.

DSC02973.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Sorry to disappoint you mate, but that orange livery is way off. It should be more like Fanta. And I don't know what it is, but there's something about the curve of those wings that just isn't right. ;)

Blast! Rumbled. The Martians are actually a tad underscale for N Gauge, being 1:144 but i thought I had gotten away with it!biggrin.gif

It's actually an excellent (if expensive) kit from Pegasus Hobbies, consisting of 2 War Machines, 2 Sherman Tanks and a diorama base. OO Modellers should be aware that Pegasus also do the War Machine in 1:72 as well.

I'm quite pleased with this photo. Although I admit I did tweak the contrast in Photoshop, so I could get the "vintage" look. I don't know if that counts as cheating in this topic :unsure:

There are a couple more similar photos of Lion in my layout thread (see link below).

post-4688-0-00903400-1301153021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Blast! Rumbled. The Martians are actually a tad underscale for N Gauge, being 1:144 but i thought I had gotten away with it!biggrin.gif

It's actually an excellent (if expensive) kit from Pegasus Hobbies, consisting of 2 War Machines, 2 Sherman Tanks and a diorama base. OO Modellers should be aware that Pegasus also do the War Machine in 1:72 as well.

The larger Pegasus WOTW models are 1/48 not 1/72. sad.gif

So the 4mm community is safe from an attack from Mars for the time being.

Of course those 4mm scale alien queens can be a nuisance, talk about getting run off the shed when you are trying to do a bit of train spotting... ohmy.gif

post-41-0-41682100-1301246688_thumb.jpg

Cheat: Photoshopped moon...

• Like 8

The larger Pegasus WOTW models are 1/48 not 1/72. sad.gif

So the 4mm community is safe from an attack from Mars for the time being.

Of course those 4mm scale alien queens can be a nuisance, talk about getting run off the shed when you are trying to do a bit of train spotting... ohmy.gif

post-41-0-41682100-1301246688_thumb.jpg

Cheat: Photoshopped moon...

Mate thats Class, love it, And the Moon, we just need a T-Rex version now...

Great photo dude...

Jamie

Cheatsville Central!

post-6878-0-12392600-1301506801_thumb.jpg

Cheat 1: Add smoke. Cheat 2: Add slight motion blur to the wheels and track only.

Result: a modern digital image of an old loco. There's something not quite working as far as I'm concerned,

so…

Cheat 3: Add slight red tint to image. Cheat 4: Add grain. Cheat 5: Soften image.

Now it looks a little more like '60s loco shot on grainy '60s film and somehow a it's bit more convincing.

Much easier to tell the difference when viewed full size.

post-6878-0-67558900-1301506841_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

wonderful... I was only looking at the ModelRail article covering this this morning. Pure coincidence; great to see it here!

Edited by Mod4
needless full requote of previous post removed
  • Like 1