Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

On 26/10/2009 at 16:43, Sandhills said:

'The flat cap wearing driver on 6Z25 opens up 25095 at the bottom of Billesdon Bank for the long slog to Brookestone Quarry'

post-6667-12565753987012_thumb.jpg

More like it - as good as it gets.

Sadly missed is Sandhills Jon  -  probably went out on a high on here at the right time.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 15
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 11/03/2020 at 17:46, NHY 581 said:

I'll leave it to the critics  to continue the thread with their own images.  

Rob. 

By doing that aren't you just pandering to their will and indirectly supporting their prejudice?

This may seem harsh, but taking your ball home doesn't really help anyone not even you in the long run.

I just simply press the like button, as you will see I have done a number of times for your posts Rob, if I think the model is realistic - if not I just walk on by. Maybe Crisis Rail could adopt that approach too - certainly less inflammatory.

Everyone has different skills and everyone's perception of realism is different.

At a model railway show for example, I will walk away each time 'finger poking' takes place - no way is that realistic! But that is just my point of view. Some will find it acceptable, even the layout exhibitor when the same thing happens time and time again with be same stock in the same place. Easiest answer, fix the fault, but they don't. Now why is that I wonder.

I haven't posted any if my modelling here cos I don't think it's good enough, my view again and one I'm happy to hold whilst still appreciating to a greater or lesser extent the efforts of those who do.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

11 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Wow what a line up! I've got a soft spot for the triple grey diesels. Reminds me of my childhood. Great modeling.

Are thanks DavidMcKenzie,

me to ive spent many hours spotting railfreight grey and subsector colours..:drinks:

Cheers neil..

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, westerner said:

Frank Drake has left his beloved Devon and has been exploring the Forest of Dean.

That photo just shouts "Forest of Dean" at me.  Brilliant!

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1