Server response getting a bit ponderous again...

• RMweb Premium

It feels quite fast at the moment, but is it just fast because fewer people are currently logged in due to the outage, or is there a noticeable improvement despite the numbers logged in?

Seems like a healthy number of users at the moment, Ian. The last time RMweb was this fast was when the servers were re-jigged on 13/14 August 2012 (after which the response time has gone from reasonable to very slow at times, even with the 'new' servers). Looks like extra RAM was the answer.

• RMweb Premium

I'm afraid it's still about as fast as a trip round the North London Line here - gets there eventually but with a lot of stops and starts.  I'm sure it will come good in due course when everything in the chain resets itself but at least I can read and post again.  Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

I'm afraid it's still about as fast as a trip round the North London Line here - gets there eventually but with a lot of stops and starts.  I'm sure it will come good in due course when everything in the chain resets itself but at least I can read and post again.  Cheers.

Have you completely logged out of RMweb, cleared your browser of history and cookies etc, then logged back in fresh? Sometimes 'resetting' like that can help with issues.

• RMweb Premium

Rather intermittent today with this message generated at random on a "Could not locate server" error page. Seems to blow hot and cold as access was gained after several refreshes only to be lost again when I submitted a post on a couple of occasions.

ISA Server: sdc1px001
Via: 1.1 SDC1AS015

Time: 13/03/2013 12:57:56 AM GMT

• RMweb Premium

My downtime would have occurred during the UK evening (11 hours behind - note the GMT on my previous post) and might have coincided with some work on the systems.   What puzzled me was that there was no service whatsoever, then it worked then it didn't again and so on.

Archived