Server response getting a bit ponderous again...

It may be as a direct result of a continued (and much deserved) increases in popularity but I'm finding accessing content becoming incredibly ponderous again.

I view via a highly stable uncontended business connection and have Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera and Safari available with to access RMW, however page loading delays (and the occasional 'time-out') regardless of browser seem to be on the increase again. Fewer issues at time when I'd imagine traffic to be low – like at about 6am – but early evening it's becoming hard work to even review latest posts.

Clearing or not clearing browser caches make little or no difference to response times

#notcriticisingjustmentioning

David

It did seem slower early this evening but I put it down to the PC having about 40 images open in photoshop and other progs. When I'd restarted everything seems to be pretty quick at this end. I'll keep an eye on it though.

It wasn't helped by me bringing everything crashing down for about 20 minutes yesterday morning and doing modifications, all of which seem to need a bedding in period after straining the server a touch.

• RMweb Gold

To be honest it has never stopped having regular go slows  for me - I often run two tabs so I can browse another site whilst it loads...I enjoy the site too much to let it annoy me.

Is it worth trying to see if there it anything else in common with us having this?

I am running windows 7, IE9, Norton Internet Security and a BT Broadband connection. This combination is very fast on all other sites. including Fishforums.net which is an IPP board with a similar level of activity to RMWEB.

• RMweb Premium

To be honest it has never stopped having regular go slows  for me - I often run two tabs so I can browse another site whilst it loads...I enjoy the site too much to let it annoy me.

Is it worth trying to see if there it anything else in common with us having this?

I am running windows 7, IE9, Norton Internet Security and a BT Broadband connection. This combination is very fast on all other sites. including Fishforums.net which is an IPP board with a similar level of activity to RMWEB.

Seems slow to me most of the time, too.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Service speed here has been a little ponderous of late but varies.  I find it's not possible to pin it to any specific time (such as heavy internet use or site traffic) nor to browser (I use IE at work, Safari at home and on the mobile).

Sometimes a page serves almost instantly while a moment later it can take several seconds.  As I type (2.20am UK time) via the work server it is taking 10 - 20 seconds to serve a page which might also be affected by the load on our business servers.

So it's not just me. I'd assumed it was because the string between Blighty and DK had fallen off a pylon and dropped into the North Sea again. Stuff is taking longer to load again but, as has been ably mentioned before, the content is well worth the wait.

• RMweb Premium

I was OK with page loads this morning and hadn't noticed much if any issues with speed over the last few days, but it's started to slow to a crawl this afternoon.

RMweb has been slow for a while on my PC. When I had the full version of AVG Anti Virus on trial recently, the message in the tool bar gave the RMwebsite as safe but slow. I tried Chrome earlier this week but it's slower than Google Internet Explorer and the very fine font is a trial to read. Back to IE.

Again, not a complaint, just an observation.

A bit slow this morning.

Added a post to "Early Risers" and got an error

mySQL query error: REPLACE INTO ip_cache_store (`cs_array`,`cs_key`,`cs_value`,`cs_updated`,`cs_rebuild`) VALUES(1,'systemvars','a:6:{s:10:\"mail_queue\";i:8;s:13:\"task_next_run\";s:10:\"1358507820\";s:15:\"itemMarkerClean\";i:1334936147;s:14:\"incomingEmails\";b:0;s:13:\"task_next_tun\";i:1316021310;s:9:\"loadlimit\";s:15:\"0.20-1335991573\";}',1358507836,0) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cs_array=VALUES(cs_array),cs_key=VALUES(cs_key),cs_value=VALUES(cs_value),cs_updated=VALUES(cs_updated),cs_rebuild=VALUES(cs_rebuild)

The post had been added to the thread.

Regards,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Great site shame about the walking in diver boots through thick treatle fields to reach my objective.
It's great once you get there though.

Been like this for me since Friday of last week, oh my connection is fine on 70Meg fibre BB.

Mornin` All,

I have  found RMweb slow to load for some time now. Once it`s loaded it`s OK.........however if you visit first and browse and then decide to login.......the login takes an age and then I`m back to a reasonable speed once again.

At the moment........almost 7:00 am in Australia........there is just myself and one guest browsing this site so obviously traffic is not a problem.........so it begs the question........." is the site bogged down with too much content??????"..........or is there a Gremlin at work???????

Cheers Gormo

.there is just myself and one guest browsing this site so obviously traffic is not a problem.........

There's 528 people on the site at the moment.

Yes, it's been a bit patchy but I'll monitor and with being at a show all weekend that'll be quite limited.

Archived