Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dave "Tetleys" Shakespeare

• RMweb Gold

That's the spirit, glad to see you're crackin' on.

weight loss halted but not really gaining any despite eating like a horse.

Not really sure that grass, hay and the occasional apple is going to help you gain much weight.....

• RMweb Premium

That's the spirit, glad to see you're crackin' on.

Not really sure that grass, hay and the occasional apple is going to help you gain much weight.....

Nah Phil you misunderstood Dave. He is using yoofspeak and ...."eating, like, a horse" translated means he actually ate a horse :scratchhead:

Q

• RMweb Gold

If you change to a high fibre diet you may feel you have eaten a lot but the amount of calories extracted may be lower. Our bodies seem to cope better with a high fibre level and lack of it may be partially a cause of obesity. Less fibre you feel less full so you eat enough to feel full which is then more calories than you need.

Don

I'm not actually gaining weight despite eating more animal protein, (I've eaten horse in Belgium and it was OK but we never did buy processed meat ready meals so the latest scare doesn't apply), Julie is using 9 pounds weight of fresh, carrots, apples and green veg daily just to keep me supplied in fresh juice so apart from the hay you can see I am eating LIKE a horse.

I am using my turbo trainer / road bike set up in the garden room so my leg muscles are filling out slowly although my upper body is skin and bones, I feel OK and don't suffer any chemo side effects other than lack of energy some days which is why my new layout is taking longer than I would normally expect but we'll get there.

Dave

Dave, 

You've just got to hook up the turbo trainer to the juicer motor now and you should (with a following wind) have some kind of perpetual motion machine!

Probably need some kind of quasi-biophysics law to explain it though!   

But for now maybe you could market it as "Tetley's Rotational Motion Potion Invigorator"

As ever wishing you continued progress on the road to recovery. 

Andy and family. 

• RMweb Premium

Borse in Helgium at least twice a week when I lived there. My Brighton mates would gag when we told them what we served them during thier long weekend visits.

One induvidual quite versive in french fished the packet out of the trash and declared cheval was not in the ingredients. Poulain however was!

Am following Tetleys rebuild with interest......

Shaun.

Somebody suggested hooking up the turbo trainer to the juicer, have a heart the juicer uses a 1/2 HP motor I'm nor sure mark Cavendish can put out that sort of power, it would certainly finish me off. Mrs S. has just brought me the first of 9 half pint glasses of carrot / carrot and apple /green veg juice of the day after which I'm hitting the turbo trainer to give my leg muscles some more stick and then it's up to the railway room for some dismantling of baseboards in readiness for the new layout. I'm hitting the end of a chemo cycle so I've got a bit more energy so it's all go here before Wednesday when the cycle starts again.

I feel pretty good though and with our juicing regime/ diet (which is keeping my blood pressure damn near perfect) and the cocktail of drugs from chemo I am quietly optimistic that we have laid a few more bricks into the wall of recovery.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I feel pretty good though and with our juicing regime/ diet (which is keeping my blood pressure damn near perfect) and the cocktail of drugs from chemo I am quietly optimistic that we have laid a few more bricks into the wall of recovery.

Dave

English Garden wall or Flemish Bond?

• 2 weeks later...

English Garden wall or Flemish Bond?

Just boring old modern construction bonding I'm afraid. I am planning to build a Pizza bread oven however in the Ancaster stone I have left over from the house, as and when the chemo treatment is completed and I regain my strength, I think it would be a nice social event out in the garden with the smell of wood smoke and DIY pizza topping. We are having a family bar b q this weekend to celebrate my birthday (we didn't expect that I'd live to see it but that was then) I'll be doing Paella and the usual burnt offerings. Life is good and although I'm not counting any chickens or even burgers my condition continues to respond to treatment. 

I'm down the builders merchant tomorrow when I'll be ordering some 2 x 2 for the longer legs required on my amended new layout, progress is obviously slow but it remains firmly on the Team Shakespeare agenda.

Bricking it of Ancaster.

I don't want to get complacent but progress is being made, I was 63 on Sunday 5th May and being at the 'better period' in my bi-weekly chemo I tested the water and managed 6 miles on my road bike, first ride since before Christmas and it felt great. Yesterday was another sunny calm day so I went out again and viewing the Vale of Belvoir on such a clear day was stunning, 16 miles 'no problem', friends arriving today and I'm doing another Paella, wood arriving any day to start on the new layout baseboards so plenty to get excited about. I even re-discovered my taste for 'real ale' during my family birthday bar b q, it tasted good but I'll not be getting the habit any time soon.

Oh, and message received via my email on Sunday, I won the lottery on Saturday, car brochures dusted down only to log into Lotto web page to discover I'd won another £10 but hey, I've had the best prize ever, ( An Aston Martin vantage would have been nice though).

The Ancaster Pedler

I could smell the Barbie in  Manthorpe  and the fish smelt most appealing then I discovered it was the neighbours and they had not invited me round :stinker: . Still  many belated returns for the birthday Dave and I am so pleased to hear that progress is positive,  4.5 pints of juice sounds like hard work. SWMBO makes me drink two pints of water a day and that's hard. Funny though 6 pints of John Smiths 10 years ago went down easily,but now have to be T-T due to medication. :nono:

Good Luck M8, you deserve it.

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to be so familiar, having never met you, but I just felt that I had to say something having seen your Tetley Mills Mk1 in print and being blown away by the standards.

More to the point, I am very glad to hear that you are doing well, and by the sounds of it you are winning the fight.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Carl Atkins

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to be so familiar, having never met you, but I just felt that I had to say something having seen your Tetley Mills Mk1 in print and being blown away by the standards.

More to the point, I am very glad to hear that you are doing well, and by the sounds of it you are winning the fight.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Carl Atkins

Catkins,

Dave is the name I answer to 'Mr. Shakespeare is my dad'.

I've seen my consultant today and he showed me the result of my recent scan taken I add a couple of weeks earlier than normal. My previous Dalmatian liver is very much improved and reduced in size there is still some evidence of scaring but he is over the moon, you can imagine how Mrs. S and I feel, he also confirmed my lumber punctures show no evidence of any nasty's but we are continuing with this insurance treatment.

We've come a long way from those very dark days back in January and we have a way to go yet but I've taken delivery of a load of 2 x 2 and 3 x 1 timber and I will soon be re-building my baseboards ready for track laying.

We continue to take heart from all the positive vibes we receive from family, friends and the membership of RMWeb

Dave

Members,

I've had a week off suffering headaches from my most recent lumber punctures which is probably retribution for feeling so great previously but never mind, I'm OK today so I spent a few hours re-building my new layout baseboards and hopefully with a good stash of timber I'll hopefully soon have the boards in place ready for some track and wiring of the storage area.

More chemo on Wednesday but they look after me very well and I get to read my bi-monthly purchased newspaper but before that I hope to get at least half a day on the railway.

Dave

Archived