Perth Model Railway Show 2013

Waverley47708

a couple of snaps to show what improvements have been made to the layout since its last outing.

the station buildings have been tidied up especially the end boards etc on the main station building, these have been repainted an off white colour and a finnial added, the ballast has also been tidied and point lever added to the goods yard. the clear plastic that was along the entire front has been removed to allow better photography, retaing only the clear sheets at the corners in order to protect the bulk of the trees on either end of the layout.

post-10572-0-49457100-1372115686_thumb.jpg

post-10572-0-00638400-1372116327.jpg

its getting there.

and a shot of the carlisle-edinburgh pulling into the north bound platform. i hope i remember to pick up all my stock for the show as its a long drive back if i forget anything.

post-10572-0-83173000-1372116613_thumb.jpg

gp

Good to see some more photos being added.

Only 3 sleeps to set up day and 4 to the show.  I always enjoy set up day welcoming back well known faces and meeting those from further afield. 

I have been given the final list of table requirements from our busy exhibition manager and will do my best to ensure your table expectations are met and that if you requested them they are waiting for you in a neat pile! I think at the last count I have about 160+ to deliver.  Thankfully I have the assistance of a couple of RMWEBers  from the other side of the Kincardine Bridge who become honorary Perth members for the weekend.

Calum 

Perth is one of the best shows. But it has one problem. The car parking. Every year we arrive from Aberdeen about a half pour before the show starts and if we are lucky we find the very last car parking space at the very end of the Ice Rink car park. Where is the nearest alternative car park - just in case we are too late this year?

Perth is one of the best shows. But it has one problem. The car parking. Every year we arrive from Aberdeen about a half pour before the show starts and if we are lucky we find the very last car parking space at the very end of the Ice Rink car park. Where is the nearest alternative car park - just in case we are too late this year?

Hi there! Thanks for your comments. We are trying this year to free-up more car parking spaces in the following ways:

The car park under the venue is now locked until 8.15 in the morning to keep people who use the free car park for othe reasons (such as going into the city centre) out.

We have posted on the Dewars Centre web site the fact that car park will be busier than usual in an effort to deter users of the swimming pool coming.

We will get as many exhibitors as possible to park at The Atrium (Council offices car park) across the road from the venue (public can park there too and I advise you to try there)

Park and Ride operates on Saturday from Broxden Roundabout (Junction M90 and A9) - there are loads of free spaces there and a short bus journey, bus stop around the corner from the venue.

Dewars Centre is next door to the railway station to make it easy to get to by train from all routes.

The Sunday is a bit quieter and parking is easier.

There is not a lot of other free parking nearby but there is some on street parking in the trading park just across the road from the Glasgow Road entrance to the station.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Stan

• RMweb Premium

Just collected some stock from two of the team that can't make the trip north.

Still not ready.

My stock has now migrated downstairs from the spare bedroom in preparation for sorting out exactly what I'm taking (plus a few spare items).

A team has been recruited to move Blackmill from the clubroom on Thursday night into the loading bay near our clubroom building in readiness for Friday's van loading.

Nearly ready now........

• RMweb Premium

I used to attend by train, but I got fed up with the rush to get a seat onto a three car 170 on the way back, so I now take the car. Like you I have found it well nye impossible to find a space at 11am, so what I do Is park it in the station. Its just down the road, 5 mins walk and relatively inexpensive.  Watch if you park in the trading estate, many of these places have private wardens and only allow parking for two hours(although I dont know about this one specifically).

Doing some last minute changing of stock to run on 'Craster'. What to take, I'm tempted to take some quirky items but will properly play safe with my choices. One item I would like to take is my new NER Snow Plough, but I haven't got it from the builders yet.

Will be setting off at 11am tomorrow and hope to be there between 3 & 4pm, looking forward to the show and seeing Stan & the Perth gang.

Regards

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Well then are you ready!

I hope so and look forward to meeting you  tomorrow.

Calum

Nearly!

Layout shifted into loading bay tonight. All the stock is ready.

Everyone is in place and transport sorted for the journey north.

Tomorrow - bacon butty and brew with one of the team.

Go collect van and back to my house to load the stock.

Off to the clubrooms to load up.

M6/M74 etc.

Set up,

Final track clean.

Put stock on.

Then we'll be really ready!

Looking forward to the trip north with Blackmill.

Cheers,

Mick

Nearly!

Layout shifted into loading bay tonight. All the stock is ready.

Everyone is in place and transport sorted for the journey north.

Tomorrow - bacon butty and brew with one of the team.

Go collect van and back to my house to load the stock.

Off to the clubrooms to load up.

M6/M74 etc.

Set up,

Final track clean.

Put stock on.

Then we'll be really ready!

Looking forward to the trip north with Blackmill.

Cheers,

Mick

Looking forward to seeing Blackmill.

Cheers,

Greig

Sitting having breakfast and listening to the rain hitting my conservatory roof!  Usually it rains on the Sunday so maybe it has come early this year. Forecast to clear up, so safe journey today to all our exhibitors. 

Right, so hopefully parking will be easier on Sunday, if the venue is full my options are the station carpark or in the trading estate?

It's a long drive up, but I couldn't find train tickets at the right times and prices even weeks in advance. Looking forward to it...my wallet isn't!

Just back home after a long but enjoyable day helping set up the show.

Almost everyone is in, with about 6 stands to set up tomorrow.

It was good to meet some new exhibitors and some of the trade when were there for the first time. With the show getting that bit bigger there was a wee bit less room to get the vans etc in for unloading, but we managed.

Had a quick look at the Cock Of The North on the Hornby stand and the 101 in Strathclyde. Sorry if I had thought I should have photographed them and stuck them on RMWEB.

Anyway here are a couple of shots of the almost ready show at around 2030 tonight. ( I suppose if you really zoom in and look very carefully you may just make out Cock Of The North and the new Strathclyde 101 in Hall 2) :wink_mini: 

Hall 1

post-4700-0-00044700-1372452357_thumb.jpg

post-4700-0-02081500-1372452436_thumb.jpg

Hall 2

Doors open 10am tomorrow.

Standing in as a replacement operator on Bodmin for Ian Hibbert this weekend (all the best Ian), means i get to shunt Rays flawless stock (that should just about jinx that!) and argue with the pedant all weekend about just about anything and nothing...

Layout standing ready... just a nights sleep and a quick breakfast away from what promises to be an enjoyable weekends exhibiting...

Great to get a look at the Perth show finally... certainly appears to stand up to its reputation as a good-un from what iv'e seen..

cheers

Mark

• RMweb Premium

So far, so good.

Despite the warm halls, Blackmill performed well (that's the kiss of death for Sunday)

It's a nice friendly show and looking forward to the social tonight.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

Having been at Perth show today until almost closing time - and still haven't seen the half of it ( this is a first for me ) I'm going back to-morrow. Well done Stan and the crew. Look forward to 'playing trains to-morrow ' with Greig's stunning Poulton - le - Fylde and spending some ' dosh ' with Paul ( Zimo ) Chetter. :danced: .

Bill.

Another superb show again this year, most definitely the best show in Scotland! Good spread of gauges and traders. Parking is a problem, but you can use the Park and Ride system from Broxden Roundabout, at least when you do park you do not get ripped off by SECC.

Archived