Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I don't think you could find anyone to play Andy or myself, even with a large financial inducement. The psychological demands would be too high!!! Lol.

Just a quick visit to the lounge in-between mixing large pots of plaster!

Keep up the good work ye posting Lunesters - the world is ours!!  :sungum:  :sungum:

Jeff

So I get to work this morning, and having got past security notice the guard is looking at my car strangely, and watches me all the way down the road.  Feeling paranoid as you do when that happens I had a wander round the car after I'd parked to find a flat rear tyre.  It was steaming off the road damp quite happily, so obviously I'd driven on it in that state for a while.  Now, I hadn't even noticed that something was amiss.  Very worrying.  Even more worrying, I now need 3 new tyres (I already knew the front two were due for replacement), and I've got to find time to get them fitted.  

Hrmph

Unimpressed Lune

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon's track listing contains one that may make a few of you raise an eyebrow; it's a bit of a mad song:

Blind Faith - 'Can't find my way home'

Bobby Gentry - 'Ode to Billy Joe'

Bloom - 'Myth'

Brian Jonestown Massacre - 'Bring me the head of Paul McCartney on Heather Mills wooden peg'

Ben Howard - 'The Wolves'

Can you guess that I am in and around those artists beginning with the letter 'B' on iTunes? :D

• RMweb Premium

I thought I would add them all (Youtube) but it's not that easy. I had to search for the Blind Faith one as the album cover has a decidedly dodgy image in it, the Brian Jonestown Massacre song contains all kinds of bad swears ( :lol: ), EVERYone knows Bobby Gentry's song and the other two, well Bloom are a bit odd but I found the Danny Macaskill video for Ben Howard's song, which includes insane trials riding (on a bicycle), railways and the song. You lucky people :lol:

Blind Faith: Can't find my way home

Ben Howard: The Wolves

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon's track listing contains one that may make a few of you raise an eyebrow; it's a bit of a mad song:

Blind Faith - 'Can't find my way home'

Bobby Gentry - 'Ode to Billy Joe'

Bloom - 'Myth'

Brian Jonestown Massacre - 'Bring me the head of Paul McCartney on Heather Mills wooden peg'

Ben Howard - 'The Wolves'

Can you guess that I am in and around those artists beginning with the letter 'B' on iTunes? :D

"Bring me the head...." A classic! Bet that was a best-seeler, especially in Liverpool.

Blimey Jason, you do listen to some odd stuff!

Jeff

Btw, it was a diesel shunter.....  :O

Some really sketchy album covers back then wasn't there. 'Houses of the Holy' is another one which would really be frowned upon today

Some great bands, albums & album covers I particularly remember King  Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King which had a face on reminiscent of something like The Scream by Munch  :O

So I get to work this morning, and having got past security notice the guard is looking at my car strangely, and watches me all the way down the road.  Feeling paranoid as you do when that happens I had a wander round the car after I'd parked to find a flat rear tyre.  It was steaming off the road damp quite happily, so obviously I'd driven on it in that state for a while.  Now, I hadn't even noticed that something was amiss.  Very worrying.  Even more worrying, I now need 3 new tyres (I already knew the front two were due for replacement), and I've got to find time to get them fitted.  

Hrmph

Unimpressed Lune

Costly mate, THATS INFLATION FOR YOU, hahhaaaaa :no: INFLATION    DEFLATION :O              get it :O          Inflation  :beee:   Deflation :nono:   O.K. forget it

? :sungum:

Jason

I certainly remember the Blind Faith album cover, it had a nice shiny aeroplane on it  :no:

Anything Clapton and Co is good by me, also enjoyed the Bike Video and Music, reminds me of my days doing Motor Cycle Trials and Motocross.

Good Stuff mate :sungum:

Some great bands, albums & album covers I particularly remember King  Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King which had a face on reminiscent of something like The Scream by Munch  :O

King Crimson, now there was another good band,

:sungum:

Costly mate, THATS INFLATION FOR YOU, hahhaaaaa :no: INFLATION    DEFLATION :O              get it :O          Inflation  :beee:   Deflation :nono:   O.K. forget it ? :sungum:

Tee hee hee. You've made me smile about it at least :)

Some interesting choices there Jason! The Blind Faith track is on my list of firm favourites as is the album (I have a complete collection of it!). Have you heard the five and a half minute electric version Andy (P) which allows Mr. Clapton to cut loose in some very nice directions? I liked the track by Unkle too - Heaven which also gave me some good ideas as to dealing wth the (somewhat immature) skateboarders who infest the shopping area in Morecambe on a Saturday!! :)

Andy P also mentions another great favourite in King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King which I love, but then followed up by buying their later album Lark's Tongues In Aspic which left me totally baffled. A bit of that 70's pretentiousness creeping in methinks!

A track you might like is Flowers Become Screens by Delerium which is one of the 'modern' (we're talking aged hippy here remember!) tracks which is worthy of attention

Bill

News just in: (With apologies to those of you eating breakfast)

According to the latest edition of the Royal Society Journal - Biology Letters, males of the species Chromodoris reticulata (a species of sea slug) has a disposable ! (That's man-bits for those of a nervous disposition). Wow! Roll on evolution and goodbye horrible accidents with zips!

Bill - Roving Lune At Large

Edit: It appears that RMWeb not only dislikes swearwords (correctly), it's not too keen on correct language usage either. Perhaps I should have said Winky!

Morning Lunesters

Sorry for the brief absence, demands for my time and attention had to be focused elsewhere for a bit, it looks as if I have missed out on the attempt at world domination so I've a bit of catching up to do.

I shall be making use of the good weather today so it is up to the Polytunnel and will catch up on here during the evening hours, it looks as if there is plenty of that to do with quite a few posts on all threads and several pages on the 'Luneside Saga'. Then it will be back to see where I left off with my own modelling.

Back later

Green fingered Lune.

Hi Guys and Galls, You will be pleased to know that George T has joined the Lunesters and will be posting on here later. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Welcome George :O

Ha Ha you have joined a Merry bunch of NUTTERS :no:

Old Lune :sungum:

Hi Guys and Galls, You will be pleased to know that George T has joined the Lunesters and will be posting on here later. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Welcome George :O

Ha Ha you have joined a Merry bunch of NUTTERS :no:

Old Lune :sungum:

George

That's great news.

Took you long enough, but glad to see you've joined the rest of the Lunes.

Duncan - Researching Lune

A hearty Lunester welcome to George! The thought of you and Andy sparking off each other is guaranteed to raise the lounge to new, even dizzier heights. Somehow I get the feeling that Jeff soon be digging a cave in those hills of his to hide in!

Have fun

Bill

Welcome George

How hard did Andy have to twist your arm to get you to join in :protest: or did he just keep badgering away until you caved in. :no:

I'm sure you and Andy will keep us all amused especially after one of your get togethers.

Jim

Archived