Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys and Galls, You will be pleased to know that George T has joined the Lunesters and will be posting on here later. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Welcome George :O

Ha Ha you have joined a Merry bunch of NUTTERS :no:

Old Lune :sungum:

Evening Andy - hope you've had a good exhibition.

Great news about George - hope you didn't have to twist his arm?! An extremely skilled practitioner to add to the ranks!

And I love his avatar!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Lunesters

Got here eventually but not caught up on all your highly intellectual trivial posts - you're going at a faster rate than I can read / write     :read:  :rtfm: :mail:

Quick summary from Young Polly (correctly aged by Andy P) - started life to Lonnie Donegan, the Crazy Gang and fifties pop, rock n roll and the Goons.  Progressed through Beatles, Stones, Dave Clark Five, the Searchers, Kinks, Sony and Cher, the Animals,, Alan Price, Georgie Fame etc.  Then into the 70s and Moody Blues then a blur until the youngest was born who went to sleep on Status Quo, Strawbs, Sting, Genesis (Phil Collins) - any surprise she became a drummer drum_kit.gif.

Also folk music and singers - Elin Fflur (Welsh)

and Steve Eaves (originally from Stoke-on-Trent)

Like classical stuff too - primarily 16th century and earlier but quite broad across the full spectrum.  Not too keen on jazz or swing.

Coffee (or hot chocy) time now

• RMweb Premium

A hearty Lunester welcome to George! The thought of you and Andy sparking off each other is guaranteed to raise the lounge to new, even dizzier heights. Somehow I get the feeling that Jeff soon be digging a cave in those hills of his to hide in!

Have fun

Bill

Ah, yes Bill. But I've revealed the true nature of Lune Fell on KL..... With George's 2mm plywood structures and Andy's PVA skills there is no limit to Lunester domination!!

Me - mad?  :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll get me coat.....  :cry:  :rolleyes:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a late start this morning, going down to Sheddington in a few minutes with the Doobie Brothers, I suppose I will have to start with "Long Train Running"  :imsohappy:

Good choice, but if you think you're going to get somewhere today, maybe you should play "What a Fool Believes"!!   :O

Jeff

Good choice, but if you think you're going to get somewhere today, maybe you should play "What a Fool Believes"!!   :O

Jeff

"What a fool believes" was on about half an hour, now moved on to ABC Lexicon of Love 

Next up Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

"What a fool believes" was on about half an hour, now moved on to ABC Lexicon of Love

Next up Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated  :sungum:

Great choice of music.....

"Who broke my heart, you did, you did - closer to the target than Cupid, Cupid. You think you're smart, stupid, stupid - shoot that poison arrow to my heart....."

"Once upon a time when we were friends, I gave you my heart, the story ends...."

"If you judge a book by the cover, then you judge the look by the lover. I hope you'll soon discover - me I go from one extreme to the other"

Lexicon of Love is one of my all-time favourites....vintage 1982!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

"spilling up pink silk and coffee lace"...

Yep, that's one off of my playlist, too.

A lot of teenage angst from the early eighties tied to that one for me, I'm afraid!

"... I rendezvous at your place. Your lipstick and your lipgloss seals my fate...."

"...she may look pretty, but there's makeup on her face..."

Martin Fry and "Manchester Soul" - subsequent albums were good, but not great.

Billy - I sometimes listen to compilation albums - but much prefer entire albums. Deep Purple "Made in Japan" playing in the bunker at the mo. One of the best live albums ever made.

Jeff

On to Aerosmith now, racing through them today

Next up Rory Gallagher & Live in Europe, I remember seeing him at Leeds, must have been 1972, then he played Bardney (Lincoln) Festival that May bank holiday

post-16878-0-62005400-1361106255.jpg

What a line up & for £4-50p per day  :declare:

"... but much prefer entire albums. Deep Purple "Made in Japan" playing in the bunker at the mo. One of the best live albums ever made.

Jeff

I'll be falling out with the neighbours soon if you keep encouraging me to listen to all my favourite stuff, especially when you tell me to turn the volume up!!

Jim

On to Aerosmith now, racing through them today

Next up Rory Gallagher & Live in Europe, I remember seeing him at Leeds, must have been 1972, then he played Bardney (Lincoln) Festival that May bank holiday

attachicon.gifBardney line up.jpg

What a line up & for £4-50p per day  :declare:

I wouldn't mind that sort of line up for that money. Chances of seeing one for less than £30 is remote

Duncan

I'll be falling out with the neighbours soon if you keep encouraging me to listen to all my favourite stuff, especially when you tell me to turn the volume up!!

Jim

There's only one volume, 11 :jester:

Duncan

There's only one volume, 11 :jester:

Duncan

What!! :O  I'm not sure that the windows would stay in if I wound it up that far.

Just got back from a short walk out on the tops behind the house and was surprised by how much snow is still up there, those drifts must have been pretty deep to start with.

Jim

Just got back from a short walk out on the tops behind the house and was surprised by how much snow is still up there, those drifts must have been pretty deep to start with.

Jim

Snow! Living a long way south of you, it only lasted a couple of days.

Duncan

Quote: There's only one volume, 11 :jester:

Duncan

Hummm! Currently listening to Music In A Doll's House by Family and looking questioningly at my guitar amp! Thinks! Now if I put this plug in here and turn this knob with the little skull and cross bones tag...........?????

ARRRRRGGGGGH! ME BRAIN HURRRTTTSSS!

Yea! That's more like it. Smokin'

• RMweb Premium

I see the Lounge has been musically busy this afternoon! I'm done in the bunker for the moment - soldering under the boards for 3-4 hours is tough on the knees. The job was helped by the Deep Purple, followed by some Boston and Asia.

Wonder how the Old Lune has got on?

Jeff

Archived