Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Great to get home for a relaxing read of what's going on at the Lunester forums, lots to read after a couple of days when to busy / tired to write much down

Hopefully I will be fully recovered tomorrow, so on with the lunacy  :declare:

It seems pretty quiet on here Billy, to be honest. Maybe if you've not looked for a couple of days there's a lot more than what I see.

You need to tell us about this slot-car (I assume Scalextric?) website you've been working on.

Hope you get chance to make progress in the shed this weekend!

Jeff

It seems pretty quiet on here Billy, to be honest. Maybe if you've not looked for a couple of days there's a lot more than what I see.

Jeff

Having not been on for a few days myself there is a lot, the exhibition discussion for a start. I'm not into tail chasers either and prefer to see something scratch-built or different, I think that was the reason I made the journey to Donny - for BCB and Cliffhanger, though I enjoyed some of the others too. I usually take the opportunity to stock up on lots of small items to save on postage and to talk to the demonstrators and try my hand at something new.

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Just to let you know Transport Diversions has a sale on.  The link is here:

http://www.transportdiversions.com/newsletters/130301.asp

I am totally immune for once as I cannot buy anything as we will be moving, well as soon as our buyer has sorted themselves out and we exchange.

It also means no modelling until we do!  :cry:

Hi All,

I am totally immune for once as I cannot buy anything as we will be moving, well as soon as our buyer has sorted themselves out and we exchange.

I'm also immune. I could spend a fortune but a lack of disposable funds stops me  :cry:  :ireful:

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

NO Andy.

We NEVER expect you to leave! If you leave (I know you won't) we may as well disband the Lunesters....

Good to see your humour on KL. What is it you call yourself? "Old Lune Mr Bodgit Sir"?  :O  :O

Jeff

NO Andy.

We NEVER expect you to leave! If you leave (I know you won't) we may as well disband the Lunesters....

Good to see your humour on KL. What is it you call yourself? "Old Lune Mr Bodgit Sir"?  :O  :O

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I may drop the Old Lune tag as I don;t feel so old now that I have recovered from last weekend, so I may WITH YOUR PERMISSION SIR change it to Bodgit Lunester the 3rd :no: :nono: :O :scared: :drag: hahahahhheheh    ho ho ho

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, I may drop the Old Lune tag as I don;t feel so old now that I have recovered from last weekend, so I may WITH YOUR PERMISSION SIR change it to Bodgit Lunester the 3rd :no: :nono: :O :scared: :drag: hahahahhheheh    ho ho ho

Permission granted....

Arise Sir Bodgit Lunester III .... 

Just been into the bunker. If I connect up only 4 of the remaining 20 turnouts I can have a full circuit of the Down (anticlockwise) line running!! Getting excited now!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Having not been on for a few days myself there is a lot, the exhibition discussion for a start. I'm not into tail chasers either and prefer to see something scratch-built or different, I think that was the reason I made the journey to Donny - for BCB and Cliffhanger, though I enjoyed some of the others too. I usually take the opportunity to stock up on lots of small items to save on postage and to talk to the demonstrators and try my hand at something new.

Jim

We saw Cliffhanger at Warley (well, bits of it through the gaps as one person after another squashed up to look at it).  Quite magnificent.

I did a few bits of modelling today, nothing difficult as said on previous page.  I did find it a tad fiddly so it took rather longer than I thought but there was no scalpel damage, not even to me.  :no:

I'll have a go at painting and aging them over the weekend.

Polly

I have the following unused Peco Code 75 trackwork available. If there are any clubs, groups, school groups or individuals out there who are or intending to build a layout aimed at children, contact me by e-mail (on my profile) and it’s yours for the cost of postage!

7 yards Flexitrack, 1 x 3-way point, 3 x large rad. R/H turnouts, 2 x large rad. L/H turnouts.

Bill

Did you hear the one about the Luneste who picked up a mirror in the road, looked into it and said, I cant put a name to that face.

The other Lunester had a look and said, You daft git, it's me :no:

OR

There is a Lunester in jail and he is hanging by his feet,

The Guard looks in and said, what are you trying to do

Hang Myself, replies the Lunester,

Shouldn't you have the rope around your neck, asks the Guard.

I tried that, replies the Lunester, but I couldn't breath :stinker:

OR

Two Lunesters are fitting Floorboards in a house,

One picks up a nail and realises that it is upside down so he throws it away

After doing this for a while the other Lunester asks why are you throwing them away,

Why not save them for the celing? :stinker:

Bogit :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Andy is mutating into Bruce Forsyth!

Not only does he play guitar and sing in a band and create great layouts, but he is now turning his hand to slap-dash comedy! Good stuff, though I dread to think what jokes other people will throw in, in response!

Thanks for the recent PMs, Andy. Some VERY funny material in there!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

What a weird day!

No Lunesters signed in when I checked the list / No Lunester posts in the Lounge / No Lunester layout threads with anything happening (including KL).

I can't recall it being like this before. Very odd!

Time to do some reading.... and check back later.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I have just woke up from an afternoon nap, (must be Old Age, or my big lunch,) My Mum is 89 today so had a nice lunch out.

As you say there is nobody about,

I was on 27 post when I went out this morning and I am still top of the Pops. with you chasing me up the ladder.

The car is all but loaded for the morning and it is just the stock and controllers to go in the car in the morning.

My FREE Std 4 arrived this morning so I am just going to give it a try on DC to make sure it runs and then wack a chip in.

I will call back later this evening and have another chat then.

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Take it EASY Andy. You want to be living to at least your mother's age!!

I ran the 9F very slowly and VERY fast through a sequence of right hand and curved turnouts today. Great fun - and the Spaceship had no problems, even with 3 coaches in tow.

Once I have a complete circuit available I'll be giving the locos a bit of exercise.

I've said it many times before - what a great hobby this is (I think you have to be in it to see how good it really is).

Jeff

Zzzzz...........Zzzzzz...Wh...all that chat has woken me up.

Hi Jeff

I have been tuned in to the rugby most of the afternoon as well as doing my first bit of modelling for quite a few days.

I think it will liven up in here later.

Jim

No Lunesters signed in when I checked the list / No Lunester posts in the Lounge / No Lunester layout threads with anything happening (including KL).

I've been out for the day, and have done some research on Jason's theory about exhibition layouts.  I'm afraid I can't agree - I don't think there are that many good ones...  Layout wise the show was a bit disappointing, I think I spent more time infront of Stainmore Summit than any of the others.

• RMweb Premium

I've been out for the day, and have done some research on Jason's theory about exhibition layouts.  I'm afraid I can't agree - I don't think there are that many good ones...  Layout wise the show was a bit disappointing, I think I spent more time infront of Stainmore Summit than any of the others.

I can't blame you for doing that. I've only seen it on here, but it's a brilliant model. In fact, I must have another look at it shortly.

Which exhibition were you at - York? (I'm guessing you weren't up in Scotland?).

Jeff

No, I was up in Scotland - spending the weekend with my mum, managed to get a few hours in Glasgow to see the exhibition - was nice to catch up with some people from the club I was in when I lived up here.  Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the York (EGRM) show, so I've had to miss that :(  By the sounds of things it went well though.

Andy, love the jokes :D

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeff, I have just woke up from an afternoon nap, (must be Old Age, or my big lunch,) My Mum is 89 today so had a nice lunch out.

As you say there is nobody about,

I was on 27 post when I went out this morning and I am still top of the Pops. with you chasing me up the ladder.

The car is all but loaded for the morning and it is just the stock and controllers to go in the car in the morning.

My FREE Std 4 arrived this morning so I am just going to give it a try on DC to make sure it runs and then wack a chip in.

I will call back later this evening and have another chat then.

Bodgit :sungum:

I thought you would only get the 4MT if you went to the show so I did not try.  Never mind, I have enough stuff to move, it is not narrow gauge, and also it is about 60 years too late for my period.  The only thing going for it was that it was free!

Have spent the day helping my son clear his bedroom so we do not have to move all his stuff.

Still no moving date yet, but it still might be Friday!

What a weird day!

I've been out today at a model rail exhibition and then round to a friends to watch the rugby.

I'll post later on my thoughts on the exhibition.

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Hi All,

Thanks for the link, Chris.  They had the out of print book I wanted: Branch lines of West London which includes the Brentford Branch.  :sungum:    No doubt, I'll see it on display everywhere now that I've ordered it.  :D

Happy Lune

What a weird day!

Time to do some reading.... and check back later.

Jeff

Yup, we were out, too - shopping and the chippy.

Managed to pick up a lightweight transformer and some Peco buffers for Camel Quay.

Got back home and fell asleep.

Then a round of whodunits on tv.

Came on here expecting there to be loads of pages to catch up on.   :no: :no: :no:  Phewwwwwwwwwww - just a few posts.

Young Skiver

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the link, Chris.  They had the out of print book I wanted: Branch lines of West London which includes the Brentford Branch.  :sungum:    No doubt, I'll see it on display everywhere now that I've ordered it.  :D

Happy Lune

Really pleased!   :yes:

They do have a lot of good books.  I have to restrain myself from looking too much or I might buy loads.  Still haven't read my books from Christmas yet,

I went to the East Bedfordshire MR Show today.

For a small show, 18 layouts is pretty good as was the range of gauges - 00, 0m, 3mm, 0/16.5, 009, N, H0, 7mm and eras.

Only four were roundy - roundy tail chasers. The rest either end to end or shunting planks.

Looking at all the layouts, I didn't see / find the out of place cameo anywhere and the majority of owners / operators were more than happy to have a chat.

All in all, a good show, but, there was not a single one that was at a suitable height for children or the disabled and none were operated from the front. Great pity.

Highlight of the day. Spending time with Ray Norwood of Yard Shunter fame. What a genuinly nice person who spent time talking to the public and explaining how things had been constructed and worked. I took numerous photos and when I have had chance to review them, I will post any good ones on Yard Shunter thread with Ray's permission.

Duncan

Archived