Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Morning Guys, sitting in the rain in Swad is not quite the same as walking the Dog on Bondi  Bala Beach after breakfast, here's the sight across the lake, and Dee and I are considering our options. We have booked again for 10 days in November.

Here's an early morning shot of absolute peace, tranquillity and serenity. 

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (16).JPG

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (18).JPG

And then an Hour Later once most of the mist has burnt off.

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (5).JPG

And Bala Beach at Llangower, about half way along the 5 and a half mile lake, (the largest in Wales).

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (20).JPG

And looking back towards Bala Town.

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (33).JPG

And I couldn't leave without a picture of the River Dee from the bottom of the Lake.

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (2).JPG

I will download the Video of the Bala Lake Railway when I get some time over the weekend but here are a couple of pics for the time being.

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (7).JPG

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (12).JPG

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (27).JPG

Oh dear, I feel another project coming on. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

What a good idea :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Its amazing what you find going on, on Bala Beach.

attachicon.gifBala April 2015 (32).JPG

The past few nights I can hear the frogs in Lake Mortimore giving it what ho but still no frog spawn. They done the same last year loads of noise but nothing. :no:

In the past we have collected the spawn before the fish have eaten it. Put in big buckets and other containers with some pond water. As the tadpoles get bigger so we decant them into more pond water containers until they are a size that will not be eaten by the fish. We feed them on fish food, and there are some of the pond weeds in the water with them. They are then returned to the pond. Having so many tadploes don't 'alf get rid of the blanket weed.

• RMweb Premium

Nice posts, Andy. It's another world, isn't it? One reason I love walking in the Lake District - with an early morning start you can get onto the Fells and imagine you are the only person in the world!

Hope you feel re-energised!

Jeff

Hi Gang, here's another Video of the Bala Lake Railway taken back in November 2011 when I was taking some photos, Julian Birley introduced himself to me, and as he owns Ivo Peters Bentley we had a good chat about the surname etc. He then asked me if I was busy for the next couple of hours as he was going to test the Slate wagons and Directors Saloon that he had so lovingly restored down the track to Bala and back.
Needless to say I was thrilled, but on my return I think I had FELT EVERY SLEEPER through the seat of my pants, just sitting on a plank with no real suspension other than my fatty bottom, hahha.

I hope you enjoy, there are some stils as well so please bear with them.

https://youtu.be/laCHUWFqF9M

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gang, here's another Video of the Bala Lake Railway taken back in November 2011 when I was taking some photos, Julian Birley introduced himself to me, and as he owns Ivo Peters Bentley we had a good chat about the surname etc. He then asked me if I was busy for the next couple of hours as he was going to test the Slate wagons and Directors Saloon that he had so lovingly restored down the track to Bala and back.

Needless to say I was thrilled, but on my return I think I had FELT EVERY SLEEPER through the seat of my pants, just sitting on a plank with no real suspension other than my fatty bottom, hahha.

I hope you enjoy, there are some stils as well so please bear with them.

https://youtu.be/laCHUWFqF9M

"Sorry am I boring you"

"NOOOOOOOOO"

• RMweb Gold

I was in Travis Perkins today and on the counter they were advertising a spray for Weathering Bricks, Stone and tiles. The idea being to match in new work on extensions or patching. Now is that some bright spark of a modeller thought that up!

Don

• RMweb Premium

Andy, as promised, some views of the latest state of the garden. Hopefully I'll have most of the building work finished by early next week. I need a break - although I really enjoy building, my body is telling me it's knackered!

The lawn should go in within the next couple of weeks - when brother orders the turf.

post-13778-0-90487500-1429105150_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-89847800-1429105155_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-10059100-1429105161_thumb.jpg

Jeff

Glad you have had a good break in Bala Clive its only twenty mins to mine from there .......glot glot  yes I fell in love with the area too. Believe it or not but there's a bakery near the old Bala Town station that makes cup cakes for the major supermarkets and I often get the job of picking up a trailer full at 3 am .......cracking run down the Dee Valley in an artic at that time of the morning .......

Lived here for a couple of years now and as yet not joined either the Bala Lake Railway or the Llangollen Railway...... must build my shed first and get some modelling done ....... feel if I get involved in the big stuff I might get carried away :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Has the S&C finally closed? Bu66er all seems to have run on it over the past few weeks if this sub-forum is anything to go by :D

I'm one to talk; nowt has turned a wheel at Bacup since at least December.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, looks like the S&C has ground to a halt. Dent because of Mike's knee etc, KL2 because of groundworks elsewhere on the line and Long Marton is no doubt undergoing a Lego overhaul in Canada. Only Ben seems to be doing something with Ais Gill.

The Lounge struggles on - I suspect we're all too busy to have much to say. We know Andy's having a rest. Where's Jock?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Has the S&C finally closed? Bu66er all seems to have run on it over the past few weeks if this sub-forum is anything to go by :D

I'm one to talk; nowt has turned a wheel at Bacup since at least December.

Yes, Jason - but you have other projects on the go, some far more important than any model railway!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Jeff

Archived