Guess the cab

• RMweb Premium

We don't have bardic lamps anymore sadly...  The paddles were however checked to ensure their availability during the London riots the other year when I was working the last one out of Vic at the same time Clapham and Croydon were going up in smoke and lunatics were running amok across much of South London.  Just in case you understand if we had felt the need to recreate the battle of Roukes Drift on the 22:32...

• 4 weeks later...

IE 201 Class?

VERY close.

I'm not too familiar with the cab of the 201 class, though surprisingly little has changed since the 141s!

(But its not a 141, as you can instantly telll from the techy hub on the console)

Aha! A rather abstract (though rubbish) one is needed!

Clue: it's sort of not GM.

I think thats quite a big clue, along with it being 'VERY close' to an Irish 201 - I rekon its the Driving trailer on the opposite end to the 201?

I think thats quite a big clue, along with it being 'VERY close' to an Irish 201 - I rekon its the Driving trailer on the opposite end to the 201?

Yes, very good!

You can usually tell the difference between the cabs as most of the time the loco cab is much dirtier than the DVT cab.

Every time I get into the cab of a loco, I always forget to take a photo. Now that I've found this topic, I have to remember!

• RMweb Gold

Coming rather late to this...

Usefull for lifting buckeye couplers on ED's as well, and defendeing trains and playing depot cricket.

Bonus point, what was the most common use of a paddle on slam door EMUs? 

(so much so that it was never in the holder where it should be)

Andi

Nope, not British - the driver is on the wrong side for a start!  No more clues just yet :)

Forgot to notice that!

GM, too!? Well, I'm more used to faded dull grey paint on a dirty dashboard with sharp corners and little luxuries apart from seats.

My first instinct was that it is one of the Irish "small GMs", but now think perhaps more likely the 071 class (note shape of cab windows).

If it is Irish, then that must be a packet of sugar under the speedo, and not an (ahem) emergency protection device.

Coming rather late to this...

Bonus point, what was the most common use of a paddle on slam door EMUs? 

(so much so that it was never in the holder where it should be)

Andi

"Hand Brake Applied" Drivers reminder appliance ;)

Mike

My first instinct was that it is one of the Irish "small GMs", but now think perhaps more likely the 071 class (note shape of cab windows).

If it is Irish, then that must be a packet of sugar under the speedo, and not an (ahem) emergency protection device.

Irish GMs are far too austere! And I'm rather sure that its a small bag of stones, as the beet trains stopped a few years ago.

Archived