Guess the cab

Correct Mick - forgot about the click through option!

Another then which I have not yet got around to captioning...

3252-L.jpg

Ah, lovely locos to work on if you're not in a hurry! Nice roomy cabs with space to stretch out for those extended 'goods loop' moments, and usually good heaters in the Winter months. Spent countless hours watching the world go by at Paddington on 31 117, 121 etc. Sometimes tricky beasts to shunt with though, as the power control wasn't quite as deft as a 25. Last time I was on a 31 was the occasion I had to conduct another Driver from New St. to Didcot and back as far as Coventry with a test train slung on the back, I was in the chair most of the way... some folk might think I'm clinging to the cliche here but it really did struggle climbing out of Leamington! Purred like a kitten whilst stood in the platform at Didcot though, I thought for a minute I'd boarded a time machine ;)

Edit : just realised where the pic was taken too, on the Goods at Cricklewood, another bit of my route card!

• RMweb Premium

Southern class 313, heading east at Chichester.

Good enough, although it wasn't going anywhere at the time, got diverted into the goods yard and it is sitting on the electrified siding there with the now mothballed aggregates depot siding ahead on the right.  Spent an hour and a half sitting there that day!!

The above looks like an inspection saloon of sorts, though which particuar one I couldn't say as the Brush type master controller has foxed me.

I guess it isn't the one you sometimes see floating about with a 33/1 attached, as that had similar controls to a normal SR EMU of the VEP/REP/TC flavour.

Archived