Hunters Lane WCML in N

bmthtrains - David

30 minutes ago, spenc said:

A bit like when you bring your colleagues down to Westbay but there's a wall 🤣.

some spaces lend themselves to it, I could name a few cafes and garden centres where that's the only way 😉  You wait, next time they'll be reversing in and you can watch the circus! 😂   

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next project is now underway - the twin industrial units that will sit at the front of the layout. The basic parts have been primed ready for painting, but I need to wait for a second copy of my etch sheet to arrive - when I drew it up I had only planned on having a single building and didn’t include enough spares to make two. It means I’ll have plenty of spare window parts and OHLE details for any future projects at least. 

David

AD884E68-49D9-40E4-AE24-B8CFF90C396D.jpeg.5cc97e0cde3f0c54fd513fffa5f062b4.jpeg

AC3ECF63-DCA0-4F25-9344-543B40FFE434.jpeg.3860146a5787e4db56691249bef8d18c.jpeg

Edited by bmthtrains - David
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

A little bit of delicate glueing today has meant the ROC and the signal gantry are both now permanently in place. If I have time over the next week or so I’m hoping to build and add the three OHLE portals for this board and then the background and track areas are complete. Lots to do in the foreground after that!

David 

43EBC8FB-B64E-4762-BD5C-50073AD0E413.jpeg.85d2603cc5c5eec850db77fa1c241761.jpeg

D6E1B440-DB54-491B-8D8D-9CAEB7799944.jpeg.9f80eaf4021980294ac7d03bbb1c0b24.jpeg

E1CEB119-A91F-45B6-A1B5-FDB270ACBA65.jpeg.cdcb9aa195abb7f01ebfcec4a48ddcf9.jpeg

• Like 15

I’ve decided to bid for the national lottery licence when it next comes up. The new game will be everyone in the country, all 70 million people, will be given a rake of Dapol wagons and anyone who can run it around a layout twice without it either derailing, uncoupling in random places, spontaneously bursting into flames or otherwise, will win the jackpot. The odds of winning will be lower than the current game of course.

Potentially the last photo of my Dapol stock before I hurl it out of the window below:

David 

45527C6F-627D-49C8-B59C-FF5AB25657CD.jpeg.8c9d9b005790f039b581806a4c0e98fc.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 10

4 hours ago, bmthtrains - David said:

I’ve decided to bid for the national lottery licence when it next comes up. The new game will be everyone in the country, all 70 million people, will be given a rake of Dapol wagons and anyone who can run it around a layout twice without it either derailing, uncoupling in random places, spontaneously bursting into flames or otherwise, will win the jackpot. The odds of winning will be lower than the current game of course...

Have you tried magnetic hunt couplings between the wagons at least? That’s the best option for the JNAs I found. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, bmthtrains - David said:

I’ve decided to bid for the national lottery licence when it next comes up. The new game will be everyone in the country, all 70 million people, will be given a rake of Dapol wagons and anyone who can run it around a layout twice without it either derailing, uncoupling in random places, spontaneously bursting into flames or otherwise, will win the jackpot. The odds of winning will be lower than the current game of course.

I'd take up that challenge. I had problems with some JNA wagons (wouldn't run on my previous layout at all) and some green twin bogey box pairs which kept uncoupling. But I currently have two coach sets (four coaches + diesel), a five car HST, a coal train with 14 21T wagons, a silver bullet train with six tankers and two Cargowagon sets with five wagons in each. All will run without uncoupling although the HST does require one of the coaches to be in a particular place.

I’ve found the Hunt couplings have made things slightly less horrific overall but still there seems to be only 1 specific combination of wagons in a particular order, facing a particular direction, on a particular track that allows them to run more than 1m without dramatically leaping off the rails…

David 

• Friendly/supportive 1