A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I think the video should be a time delay dream sequence shewing an ethereal GWR passenger train which magically increases in the length by one coach every three or four weeks and all framed by Cordylines swaying violently in the Devon gales. Working title "Miracle at Brent" ?

Meanwhile back in the real world:

A: The "country" side of the overbridge.

B: Both passenger and goods stock.

C: A GWR spotters sequence of three trains with two moving at the same time if there are no H & S implications.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

And no layout should be without Rhino's 

Are the rhinos the shortlived "out of scale" items W3 to W6 in Dart Castings "Whimsical" range? I believe they may be very rare items and would fetch high prices on eBay.

Jaz will not be happy, but seeing this, I now know what our layout is missing .....

A ZOO.

Everyone likes a Fez, their cool, but I think equally philosophical is that every layout should have a Zoo.

:senile:

Are the rhinos the shortlived "out of scale" items W3 to W6 in Dart Castings "Whimsical" range? I believe they may be very rare items and would fetch high prices on eBay.

No, They are from the equally hard to find "Charity shop" range. And selling them is a definite no no. I wouldn't live out the day if my daughter even suspected me of wanting to sell her Rhino's...

Jaz will not be happy, but seeing this, I now know what our layout is missing .....

A ZOO.

Everyone likes a Fez, their cool, but I think equally philosophical is that every layout should have a Zoo.

:senile:

My daughter agrees!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I dunno about you lot but I leave this thread for a few hours slaving at work and I log on to find my thread has turned into Jumanji ! I know my names Robin but the guy in that film is Williams.

It's so important to match one's hairstyle to boiler fittings these days...

In that case mine is missing a safety valve.

There are at this moment 49 people following this thread.Only six or seven has expressed an interest in what stock is run.

• RMweb Gold

...................................... I went and watched Sheridan Smith get her kit off on the 7:39 drama last night. :smoke:

And what was the verdict? ;)

I'd wished I had stayed on here till much later looks like I missed all the fun I went and watched Sheridan Smith get her kit off on the 7:39 drama last night.:smoke:

I think you could be forgiven for that distraction 81C!

King + Pilot on the down Riviera for me please.

Andy.

• Like 2

I dunno about you lot but I leave this thread for a few hours slaving at work and I log on to find my thread has turned into Jumanji ! 

Don't you just love that movie, especially the scenes with the Rhino's. And then .......

In that case mine is missing a safety valve.

There are at this moment 49 people following this thread.Only six or seven has expressed an interest in what stock is run.

... ermmm, ah, yes well..  Sorry, my fault, it won't happen again, I promis!

Back to business. As I said before, I'm with 81C on this one:

A by the goods shed. (with some shunting activities)

B goods. (Mixed, with an occasional coal train passing through)

C  GWR (heavy tanks working the coal train)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

C  GWR (heavy tanks working the coal train)

Oh yes.Now you're talking.I'm surprised no one has said anything about branch arrivals with a 45xx.

• Like 1