Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Best not to mention Rob's garden....

P

I must admit it's not looking too great after all the rain we've had and the lawn needs cutting but I spend to much time on here and now I'm promising videos.The list goes on...... :umbrage:

• RMweb Premium

I've just found something nice to put on my bridge for when I model the down Royal Duchy of '57.I'm sure Mikkel will approve. :no:

A new release from Base Toys.

attachicon.gifB106B_1581348_Qty1_1.jpg

What route will it be taking to cross the water to that destination from Brent, remember no bridge in '57.

SS

• RMweb Gold

Right you lot.Don't all go and moan at the quality but here's a quick clip I've just done this morning in a freezing railway room.Put together with not much thought,see what you think.Nice sound effects though. ;)

• Like 17

Right you lot.Don't all go and moan at the quality but here's a quick clip I've just done this morning in a freezing railway room.Put together with not much thought,see what you think.

I think I'll wait for the "Director's Cut" of this video, as it will have the CGI of the Finchings walking along the platform reinstated in the opening sequence, which will liven up the plot, as very little happens in the first two-thirds of the movie.

• RMweb Gold

I think I'll wait for the "Director's Cut" of this video, as it will have the CGI of the Finchings walking along the platform reinstated in the opening sequence, which will liven up the plot, as very little happens in the first two-thirds of the movie.

The cameraman's hands were shaking with the bitterness of the cold air flowing down the platform.It's a start.

• RMweb Gold

ISTR the Two Ronnies did a version, with the fin swimming about, a girl screaming, and then Ronnie C, fin on back, standing proudly holding the lower half of her bikini!

EDIT - They called it DRAWS (should be drawers, but hey)

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Ronnie C had quite a self-deprocating wit at times. He lived on my patch when I was a cop, and turned up late for an event he was guesting at. "Sorry I'm late," he said "I was cleaning the birdcage and my wife wouldn't let me out till I'd finished."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did like that clip, it just the right feel of waiting by the lineside on a cold Sunday morning for the only train for a while to pass through....

Thanks CK.Of course you could easily go down to the bridge and video for real today' s Brent action but I very much doubt you'll catch a 45xx with a short van train anytime soon. :cry:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks CK.Of course you could easily go down to the bridge and video for real today' s Brent action but I very much doubt you'll catch a 45xx with a short van train anytime soon. :cry:

In a similar vein, it reminds me of the atmosphere on Brian Harrap's 'Quai 87' - a cold winter Sunday morning waiting for the ferry at Zebrugge, nothing to do, nowhere open, and another two hours to go...

• RMweb Premium

Saltash ferry, Torpoint ferry or go round via Tavistock and Gunnislake.

In 1957 that's the route we took to Looe on a coach from Plymouth

I think that I will take the train, at least they have some of Stubby47's facilities for a journey like that. I pity the driver and Clippie on a trip like that.

SS