Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

As usual with ANTB it's the 'C' word again.

Ah Ha!

Memsahib has taken up extreme CROCHET again has she!

Best mount a fighting retreat. Nothing like an impossible rearguard action to bring out the best in people....

The Finching sisters have mobilised....

Rob

post-14122-0-74542900-1399011091.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Rob WTF is going on at Brent then?

P

Don't be concerned Phil and that's not the C word either.Everything is under control.No invite to RMweb 'live' though. :cry:

I've just noticed the Captains 'Bleakhouse Road' is due to appear at the Ricoh.I wonder if he'd let me have a play on his train set. ;)

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I've just noticed the Captains 'Bleakhouse Road' is due to appear at the Ricoh.I wonder if he'd let me have a play on his train set. ;)

But of course, but only if you bring your own Blue Pullman or Beyer Garratt!  :lol:  :P  :jester:

(Well, but it must have 3-link couplings - are you ready for torture?!)  :D  :lol:

• RMweb Gold

But of course, but only if you bring your own Blue Pullman or Beyer Garratt!  :lol:  :P  :jester:

(Well, but it must have 3-link couplings - are you ready for torture?!)  :D  :lol:

I was thinking more of 4547. ;) It least it's real not fictional.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I helped out on that lovely Albion Yard at Newark last year and the three links did my beak in; I was exhausted as if they were full size ones. However, I just didn't get the 'method' quite right. It was actually my eyes that were hurting most though.

P

• RMweb Gold

A couple more of 4948 shewn previously but I really like this train and the Dapol milk tanks look quite nice in a rake.What would be nice would be a rake of siphons....

post-126-0-92623000-1399053093.jpg

post-126-0-30782200-1399053189_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Rob, if I get my scenics to look half as good as yours then they will be very good. However I won't have that lovely red soil but I will have the occasional Hall and there will be quite big trains of milk tankers and sometimes coaches and tankers.

P

• RMweb Gold

Rob, if I get my scenics to look half as good as yours then they will be very good.

P

I'm only as good as the products I use.You get what you pay for like most things in life. ;) I think those tankers would also look better for having screwlinks fitted.

• RMweb Gold

I say! A Blue Pullman with 3-links? There are limits, you know!

I helped out on that lovely Albion Yard at Newark last year and the three links did my beak in; I was exhausted as if they were full size ones. However, I just didn't get the 'method' quite right. It was actually my eyes that were hurting most though.

P

I had 3 link on my Trebudoc O Gauge and it was fine at home, but at shows I ended up with wagons dangling from the hook, :O I will use 3 link on my next steam HOME ONLY layout though.

• RMweb Gold

OOOOhhhh Dudders, you are a card. 

P

Having, some 40 years ago, spent time swinging 3-links in Stewarts Lane yard with limited success, I am not minded to include them in my modelling aspirations any time soon either!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

PS don't buy the album, it's very disappointing IMO

There is more chance of me buying a Eastern,cough cough, engine than me buying that album.

Change of region to not get disagreed with. ;)

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Come on Rob, you cant make that statement and not explain. Has her indoors dictated a house move? In the immortal words of Eastenders - WHassgoinnonn???

He's going broad gauge 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, what have I started now?!  ;)

As I was only saying to the Finchings the other evening as we placed our car keys into the ash tray..............

Rub