A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

We need to be careful if discussing underpants:

attachicon.gifPants.jpg

In the post war years the US lot got paranoid about Alien invasion and so we may be being bugged if discussing the Alien interest in these garments. In fact ther e i...s someth...ing happen ing to my co..........................................

attachicon.gifX Files.jpg

#############################____________________________________________________________________________________

DUCK DODGERS IN THE 24TH AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqAUiUDyFlY

• RMweb Gold

Alien's, pants with 4 way skid marks, skinny dipping, OMG  :O this thread is on that sticky slide again. :nono:  :offtopic:

It will be back on track by the weekend as 3864 is returning to service after it's three month general repair. :O

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

I bet you'll not catch anyone associated with this thread going out cycling in their underpants.... :O  :lol:

Sighted this morning, the Bishop of Brent and Salcombe, the very reverend Rollie Fister and his secretary Cecil Gusset, out for a constitutional. Reverend Fister can be seen in his clerical mankini which is sponsored by Johnson and Fudge, manufacturers of high class cheese wires.

Rob

post-14122-0-48515200-1405663743_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sighted this morning, the Bishop of Brent and Salcombe, the very reverend Rollie Fister and his secretary Cecil Gusset, out for a constitutional. Reverend Fister can be seen in his clerical mankini which is sponsored by Johnson and Fudge, manufacturers of high class cheese wires.

Rob

I particularly like his socks!

John

• RMweb Premium

Socks....essential whilst cycling near Woodhead (oh, that name sounds a bit rude.......). I'm disappointed that Gusset is not using his helmet and that Fister is using an off road bike. I do hope Fister's house keeper does not have to clean the saddle..........(of the bike chaps, the bike......).

Bloke in deckchair is a chorister....he's also looking at the peleton that is closing in on the good fellows.

post-2326-0-33235400-1405673455.jpg

Watch out for the breakaway too.

post-2326-0-59065300-1405673765.jpg

Fortunately ther scenery will improve once they have reached the midlands;

post-2326-0-98385100-1405673946.jpg

and the west:

post-2326-0-07242900-1405673975.png

Locomotives, like the ones illustrated, have a tender behind and so are quite suitable for mentioning in a thread about cycling.

B Wiggins.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Rob

What does he use to change gears ? Surely he should be riding a Chopper too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That picture really is the most unsavoury example of "wardrobe malfunction" it has ever been my misfortune to see. Yuck.

• RMweb Gold

Rollie Fister was not the first of his family to enter the clergy ( There's a separate thread there I am sure !!!).

Here is a picture of his grandfather Joshua Fister, the Vicar of Temple Cloud in Somerset. He is pictured with his organist, Miss Truly Twice-Nightly on one of their mid week jaunts. Rev Fister is shown wearing a pair of 'indomitable leather riding breeches' which he wore when ever he was astride Gertrude, his velocepede.

He was well known for arriving outside Miss Twice-Nightlys address with a resounding shout of;

'Do come on Truly.Time to get your leg over !!!'

Miss Twice-Nightly was extremely proud of the positions she adopted within the community and would often boast that she 'Got the best from the vicars organ'

Rob.

post-14122-0-12565400-1405691656.jpeg