RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

'Takes a big gulp'

Brassmasters detailing kit for the Hornby 72xx.You do get a lot for your money.A winter project perhaps.I also bought another coach but that's a present off swmbo and had to be given up.

I bought one of those yesterday - interesting coincidence.  And I see from your pics the 'King' on the Hornby stand was facing the opposite way today and it wasn't derailed (it was yesterday.

I must admit i saw that Agenoria 1366 and thought of Spams, not sure why - but I did notice that the cab floor is wrong in the Agenoria one!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Without giving too much away I've now added the detailing pack and gave it a run round before it heads off to Salisbury.... ;)

Salisbury bound indeed she is and heading for a repaint too....then she can take her turn on crew familiarisation runs from Salisbury over GWR metals 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Salisbury bound indeed she is and heading for a repaint too....then she can take her turn on crew familiarisation runs from Salisbury over GWR metals

Another cat been let out the bag....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Danish friends.Heljan said it's too early to ask what liveries and numbers on the 47xx.

I would guess there will be green ones , numbered between 4700 and 4708 , and maybe some

in black with the same number options .

• Like 1

I would guess there will be green ones , numbered between 4700 and 4708 , and maybe some

in black with the same number options .

What about tenders; large or small?  I always thought they looked better with the bigger tenders for such a large loco.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

What about tenders; large or small?  I always thought they looked better with the bigger tenders for such a large loco.

Brian.

Mine came with both sizes - and the little one looks even smaller behind a 47XX.  Let's hope it's a big one, unless you are of an Edwardian bent.

• RMweb Premium

Don't talk about Edwardian brent on ANTB.......................it could cause distress.

Anyway, after extensive research by ChrisF (what a star he is, or maybe just a particularly helpful and very well disguised assistive android....who knows?) I have the information that The Westward Television Exhibition Train of 1961 would have passed through Seaton Junction (see earlier post regarding COT). That's the really exciting news (oh yes it is....).

Sadly  Interestingly  even more exciting for me and Spams is that it would have probably been hauled by 30120  from Weymouth to Exeter Central on March 12th 1961 and maybe even 30582 from Yeovil....uuummmm! It was certainly looked after by 30582 at Exmouth although it would appear that 30120 supplied steam heating.....work that one out........(had 30582's pipes been ripped off ready for scrapping  its departure to Eastleigh ....... LE east  through Seaton Junction)?

What happened to COT whilst the train was lost to the SR areas is not recorded, however it did appear at Exeter Central by March 13th, to be placed on the train, facing east and I have the photo's to prove it. Presumably it rested at the WR shed at St David's, or maybe Taunton whilst the SR played with the train elsewhere? Alternatively it could have run from Yeovil PM to Central as a LE move........so a COT in 1961 livery might be on the cards? Any ****** excuse she has just shouted..........

Yes dear, I respond endearingly.......

Good morning

Mad fowl from 36E

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine came with both sizes - and the little one looks even smaller behind a 47XX.  Let's hope it's a big one, unless you are of an Edwardian bent.

I think you mean Georgian - the 47XX got their large tenders between 1932 and 1933, King Edward didn't come to the throne until 1936 (not that he was ever crowned of course).

• RMweb Gold

Let's hope it's a big one, unless you are of an Edwardian bent.

Here we see Lord Peter Smythe-Buttock on the occasion of his 40th birthday holding the lillies presented to him by the South Brent Ladies Tapestry Union.

Lord Peter never married but was accompanied everywhere, including his many trips to Paris, by his faithful man servant Dicky.

Lord Peter was to fall in battle at Mons at the age of 45 whilst leading his territorial cavalry unit, The East Devon Light Ferreters. The action was later described as a glorious, fool hardy,cavalier attempt to outflank the advancing Huns.

Lord Peter disregarding his own safety, rode into the midst of a German infantry unit in order to save Dicky who had become isolated whilst trying to retrieve Cecil, the regimental albino ferret.

Lord Peter fell at the hands of a German Uhlan patrol who took him unawares from the rear.

Witnesses later recalled him shouting;

"Angaben merken Dicky!!!!!"

Lord Peter was later awarded a posthumous MC.

Rob

post-14122-0-32043800-1416941566_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 4