Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

You won't have to pay, Colin, but you will have to go through his Agent...

I'm always happy to delegate work and here's an example of this with Neal Ball of this parish doing a photo for me.Behind the scenes Sierd (Trainsarmour) has another creation up his sleeve that will amaze, so it's a hands on thread for anybody.No agents needed !

post-126-0-85742600-1422186053.jpeg

• Like 6

I'm always happy to delegate work and here's an example of this with Neal Ball of this parish doing a photo for me.Behind the scenes Sierd (Trainsarmour) has another creation up his sleeve that will amaze, so it's a hands on thread for anybody.No agents needed !

attachicon.gifmsg-6981-0-33154400-1422180222_thumb.jpeg

My goodness, I never realised that Brent was on the top of a mountain. I hope it doesn't 'nod' off, it's a long way down! :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is that some black magic ritual engaged in by persons from Coventry?

No just a bit of rhyming slang for a well known established modelling mag that I never buy !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

http://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=553

Just browsing the toddler in my local supermarket and saw an advert for a new signal box interior kit from Ratio.I'll be interested in the verdict on it from the likes of Mike Stationmaster and CK.

Looks very Southern to me.  For a GW 'box you can't do better than the Springside kit - especially as it was modelled on stuff in a GW 'box including the frame.  Only think which is rather adrift in it is the things which might be block instruments (they could be oddly modelled lamp repeaters??) but the cupboards, frame, levers and single line instruments are all spot on.

• RMweb Gold

My goodness, I never realised that Brent was on the top of a mountain. I hope it doesn't 'nod' off, it's a long way down! :mosking:

Hopefully this will be more to your liking.Again the work of Neal Ball.

post-126-0-93464400-1422210324.jpeg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I thought they shelved the planned expansion of Snowdon Summit Station?

Lovely mixed freight by the way. The LNER box vans and the LMS CCT are superb models aren't they? Do we think we'll get anything to the same spec from Swindon in the near future? 

CoY

Hopefully, but how well did we poll recently and what would they choose to model.Those Bachmann vans are superb and a Western equivalent would go down very well but which diagram/ build should they choose.

• RMweb Premium

Really loving this 45xx build - fall together it is NOT!

Must be something with GWR tank builds. They just want to be put back in the box. I've found that Southern kits are much nicer. ;-p

I think Phil has decided to sit on the fence with that Stu.

Should make an easy target...

Paul

The next blog entry is being written now - the trials are ongoing. Suffice to say it's been four working hours to get to bufferbeams laminated and set onto the footplate. And I've not yet finished for the night - lamp irons, if I can see the ***** things.

And here is my WD 2-8-0 a modified and repainted Bachmann model to backdated into 1946/7 condition, based on one that was allocated to the Southern railway at that time, that makes an occasional appearance on the West of England line at Fisherton Sarum, so could potentially have got down as far as Brent / Plymouth...

attachicon.gifWD 78531_2.jpg

Your WD looks fantastic Graham, thanks for posting it. I've always thought WDs in this condition are a distinctive feature of the 1946/47 period and I'm keen to re livery one along these lines but I've not been sure what transfers to use for the cabside number - would you mind sharing with us which ones you used?

Many thanks,

Ben

• RMweb Gold

Looks very Southern to me.  For a GW 'box you can't do better than the Springside kit - especially as it was modelled on stuff in a GW 'box including the frame.  Only think which is rather adrift in it is the things which might be block instruments (they could be oddly modelled lamp repeaters??) but the cupboards, frame, levers and single line instruments are all spot on.

Would that also be true of the 7mm set Mike

Don