RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Does that mean I've got to do some modelling with some photos too.Gulp.It's not even GWR either.

It will take you about an hour and then another two hours to do proper handles and grabrails instead of the mouldy ones.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a complete teak pigeon train - 2 Gresley brakes in teak, a Thompson brake third ( for the Club's selected travelling attendants) another teak Gresley brake and a wartime Thompson brake full brake in the grubby beige colour.   They all look great behind a Grange or a Manor in green.

Edited by M.I.B
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I have a complete teak pigeon train - 2 Gresley brakes in teak, a Thompson brake third ( for the Club's selected travelling attendants) another teak Gresley brake and a wartime Thompson brake full brake in the grubby beige colour.   They all look great behind a Grange or a Manor in green.

That sounds like a nice train, any photos please.

• RMweb Gold

These Gresley teaky type vehicles also ran over the S&DJR. I've still got some of those nice Chivers kits to make up, one day, but I did do up a Hornby Gresley full brake for use on my bit of the S&DJR a couple of years ago, a very nice vehicle indeed.

post-57-0-67867600-1423398731.jpg

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I can be when treated well.

Anyhow, I should be at Donny now, about to share cake with Mr Penfold. However I am not - rubbish virus again. Bu**er. Anyhow, lovely Gressy KC; top weathering jobby.

Shortly I shall be ascending into the upper Duck House and fetching down Rob's Pigiron Van and a Beattie Well Tank for someone else.

Let's hope Colin takes some pics for us and by the way, good looking green engine there Mr S.

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

Fruit vans sat idle at Tigley Junction, now fitted with better vac pipes from Dave Franks's range.

post-126-0-31680500-1423411799_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-82507900-1423411905_thumb.jpg

I'm a sucker for a nice van from any region and I have all four now.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I can be when treated well.Anyhow, I should be at Donny now, about to share cake with Mr Penfold. However I am not - rubbish virus again. Bu**er. Anyhow, lovely Gressy KC; top weathering jobby.Shortly I shall be ascending into the upper Duck House and fetching down Rob's Pigiron Van and a Beattie Well Tank for someone else.Let's hope Colin takes some pics for us and by the way, good looking green engine there Mr S.Quackers.

Mr Osmond is very disappointed.

post-14122-0-90031300-1423415059.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

That sounds like a nice train, any photos please.

I will dig them out, and re-arrange the display cabinet as a form of repayment for the dozens of inspirational shots you have shared with us. 

Sadly North Cranford is still in boxes awaiting the move to what should be the last house before I go in a Home in 30 years time...........In the meantime I have a 7 road tall 4 foot long glass display cabinet made out of an old SR glass front notice board from Exmouth Junction shed.

Edited by M.I.B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Back on parade with limited connectivity. Donny show was good but no photos, sorry - I'm a bit anti the whole photography at shows thing. Lovely Grange Rob. It's lucky there's a Burghclere Grange or we could have ended up with ths same one!

Poor old Phil, if it wasn't bad enough having a virus and missing the show, he's had to put up with my phone malfunctioning and sending alternate progress updates to him, instead of the lovely wife. He now thinks I'm even stranger than you lot already know I am.

• RMweb Premium

I will dig them out, and re-arrange the display cabinet as a form of repayment for the dozens of inspirational shots you have shared with us. 

Sadly North Cranford is still in boxes awaiting the move to what should be the last house before I go in a Home in 30 years time...........In the meantime I have a 7 road tall 4 foot long glass display cabinet made out of an old SR glass front notice board from Exmouth Junction shed.

You think there will be 'homes' in 30 years time..............I'd get a Duck House ready now mate.

I am soooooooo jealous of your cabinet from the 'Holy' place that was 72A but how do you fit in it?

Duck.

• RMweb Premium

Back on parade with limited connectivity. Donny show was good but no photos, sorry - I'm a bit anti the whole photography at shows thing. Lovely Grange Rob. It's lucky there's a Burghclere Grange or we could have ended up with ths same one!

Poor old Phil, if it wasn't bad enough having a virus and missing the show, he's had to put up with my phone malfunctioning and sending alternate progress updates to him, instead of the lovely wife. He now thinks I'm even stranger than you lot already know I am.

Yea, sorry Colin. I really am fed up with having days where I just don't function. I shall be fine tomorrow, you see. Maybe some other time to meet Mr Osmond and share cake?

What's the review of the Bachmann 64xx in BRM like as I haven't seen it yet.

Well, as I have the digital copy:

'This splendid pannier should be welcomed by the
modeller, giving an alternative to the existing, larger
‘57XX’ tanks. The model, whilst not absolutely ‘perfect’,
is very good and can be recommended, particularly to
the BR Western Region modeller. It represents superb
value for money.'  BRM March 2015, p. 99