A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

I don't think i am duplicating Rob by providing pics of the BR livery composite

One from each side

attachicon.gif20160229_200834.jpg

attachicon.gif20160229_200957.jpg

Look at those huge wheels. They must be Finescale 16mm Pecoboo RIP 25 flanged pewter things. Sorry but they look too big for the bogies. Nice apart from that of course.

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

It's 3.30pm here in Afghanistan and Bachmann haven't announced anything here yet today............anything announced in the UK yet????

• RMweb Gold

[hushed David Attenborough voice]

...and here, on this vast savanna, if you wait long enough you may be lucky enough to see a lone prairie passing in the distance, heading for the watering tower...

[/ hushed David Attenborough voice]

post-7025-0-60213100-1456835060.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's 3.30pm here in Afghanistan and Bachmann haven't announced anything here yet today............anything announced in the UK yet????

A few quick snippets.

6424 in GWR livery

5532 BR black livery.

BR Auto trailer in preserved choc/cream livery

Class 57 Tintagel Castle. :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In my case, nope! However I did enoy the NSE period, especially with the C50s wooshing through north Surrey in the mid 80s.

Philk

• RMweb Gold

I think the adage is "if you haven't got anything good to say about something then don't say it all"(!).

CoY

Don't shoot the messenger.

• RMweb Gold

find lucky rabbits foot!  

There is only one rabbit's foot that will be found at this rate, which is the size 10 boot of the Chief Rabbit's Owsla up someone's backside. One simply cannot make such utterances in the presence of Gerald, the Chief Rabbit.

This is a serious matter.

All hail, Gerald, the Chief Rabbit!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There is only one rabbit's foot that will be found at this rate, which is the size 10 boot of the Chief Rabbit's Owsla up someone's backside. One simply cannot make such utterances in the presence of Gerald, the Chief Rabbit.

This is a serious matter.

All hail, Gerald, the Chief Rabbit!

He will be pleased to note that 6424 was a Forest of Dean engine at one time. Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

He will be pleased to note that 6427 was a Forest of Dean engine at one time.

Yes, 6427 has a special place in the Chief Rabbit's affections. Gerald fondly recalls being allowed to share the driver's lettuce on the occasion of that auspicious Royal Tour.

• RMweb Gold

A scrumptious Manor indeed.Come on Bachmann, make it a Delia effect day tomorrow.

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-27974800-1435949708_thumb.jpeg

Cross fingers and find lucky rabbits foot!   ;)

Also the trajectory of Uranus and Mars are in alignment for a positive announcement from Barwell for GWR modellers..

.........Then again! :D

According to a reliable astrological source known as Septic Peg there was a major misalignment between Uranus and Mars today leading to interference with Uranus from Jupiter.

This in turn resulted in what looked like a tube of Signal toothpaste casting red and white stripes over Jupiter's outer ring with shades of light and dark NSE blue being visible...... :O

As for the lucky rabbits foot! .

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

What was the Chief Rabbi doing in the Forest of Dean? I'm confusedish.

Quackers.

I think it was on a Whimsey....

• RMweb Gold

What was the Chief Rabbi doing in the Forest of Dean? I'm confusedish.

Quackers.

It was the Chief Rabbit, Your Most Special Quaqueitudenousness, and he was visiting a number of new burrow complexes in the Parkend area.

• RMweb Gold

Mentioning no names but someone who follows this thread and models in 7mm might be interested in these new lmages from Lionheart.I know he has some on order.

post-126-0-24544600-1456944371_thumb.jpeg

post-126-0-10451500-1456944386_thumb.jpeg

• Like 14