A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Something for the Chief Rabbit.

Seen in the Forest I believe?

post-7584-0-34162700-1456951316_thumb.jpg

Must say that 'B' Set looks superb.  If only Lionheart would replicate it in 00...

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Right can we get back on topic and one of this threads coaching guru give me some help assembling three seperate 6 coach rakes using the Collett stock from Bachmann/ Mainline/ Comet and Hornby that I have available.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Right can we get back on topic and one of this threads coaching guru give me some help assembling three seperate 6 coach rakes using the Collett stock from Bachmann/ Mainline/ Comet and Hornby that I have available.

Yes, that's a very good idea, Robin, but may I just say that Gerald has tasked the Assistant Deputy Chief Rabbit to investigate the source of some 4mm Berry Wagons wiggins, as the above example is believed to be more suitable for ferrets.

• RMweb Gold

Not seen many formations where the diagrams are listed, but I remember Chris F posting a Cornish Riviera formation from '47 including the diagrams which if I remember rightly was made up of Hawksworth thirds / break thirds and the rest being sunshine stock (with a 70ft restaurant)

I think most of the formations on the comet website only mention the coach type rather than the diagram, which won't be much help. For the moment my formations have been put together by randomly slotting the right type of coach in each set (ensuring only the sunshine stock goes in the cross country's)

• RMweb Premium

I think most of the formations on the comet website only mention the coach type rather than the diagram, which won't be much help.

Correct - in hierogliphic format:.     BK/BSK/TO/TSO/BK/BBC/ITV/C4

It's a great source of info. Using the Comet listings as a guide allows for a bit more modeller's licience.

• RMweb Gold

Correct - in hierogliphic format:.     BK/BSK/TO/TSO/BK/BBC/ITV/C4

It's a great source of info. Using the Comet listings as a guide allows for a bit more modeller's licience.

Does using a BBC allow me to repeat a lot.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There is a wealth of info on this site (for which you will need to register) https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BRCoachingStock/files/Carriage%20workings/

When you get there you need to open a list called "carriage-working-dropbox-list.pdf" by Robert CWP (he's a member on here)

As an example I found a document entitled GREAT WESTERN RAILWAY Passenger Train Working Paddington Station West London Carriage Sidings and Old Oak Common Monday, October 7th, 1946 until May 4th 1947

Page 4 of the PDF (page 6 of the scanned document therein) holds the details of a six car formation for the 0730 Paddington to Plymouth as Van 3rd, 3rd, compo, compo, 3rd, van third

Enjoy!

• RMweb Premium

Yes, that's a very good idea, Robin, but may I just say that Gerald has tasked the Assistant Deputy Chief Rabbit to investigate the source of some 4mm Berry Wagons wiggins, as the above example is believed to be more suitable for ferrets.

Wiggins is busy cycling at the moment so don't bother him with questions about coaches, he might get confused.

Page 4 of the PDF (page 6 of the scanned document therein) holds the details of a six car formation for the 0730 Paddington to Plymouth as Van 3rd, 3rd, compo, compo, 3rd, van third

I would not describe myself as a guru but others may think otherwise.  Go on, you know you want to ...

What Colin has quoted above is what I would have put down for a typical 6 coach formation.  Rich Fatadder's approach is entirely right.  I have said elsewhere that so long as the set had the right capacity and the correct balance between first and third it did not matter what diagrams were used.  One caveat would be not to roster Centenary stock for a job that would take it to a line where it would be out of gauge.  I have also recommended studying the CWPs in Robert's dropbox: the value of this resource cannot be overstated.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

According to Adrian Wintle on another thread Chris the K set was what the original Hornby Colletts were made for.

This comprised of Van third, third, composite, composite, third, van third.

A Castle rarely offends.

This one does it for me, best I've ever visited , called there on a road trip to Austria a few years back.

post-20303-0-53352500-1457048564.jpeg

Neuschwanstein, in deepest Bavaria, it's totally breathtaking

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang.

Fits both the Schloss picture,  and the beans and kippers reference below it.

I now have H57 envy Robin.............

EDIT@10:25GMT

That's not Heinz 57 either.....

Edited by M.I.B

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday's Castle certainly didn't offend and here it is again on the K set mentioned earlier. My kit built C54 has been added to this rake of Hornby Colletts.

post-126-0-04180600-1457093326_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday's Castle certainly didn't offend and here it is again on the K set mentioned earlier. My kit built C54 has been added to this rake of Hornby Colletts.

attachicon.gifDSCN7772.jpg

I'd like a week in that farmhouse self catering but can't find it on English Country Cottages website