Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, over 3 years back now. How time flies.

Phil

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana

(RIP Sir Tel)

• Like 1

I suppose I must regard myself as predominantly interested in pre-Grouping railways, hence my abiding fascination for the Great Western in the 1930s, and this leads me to skulk in all sorts of odd corners of this web-site (as Blue Dieseasels, growl around outside my sanctuaries, attempting to sniff me out).  One of these obscurantist journeys has lead me to the North West Frontier of British India at the turn of the Twentieth Century, where I discovered a possibly familiar face. 

Could they be related?

post-25673-0-72813800-1457698473.jpg

post-25673-0-72877000-1457698489.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine is maroonattachicon.gifWT dairy4.jpg

I was surprised by the love for my chocolate K40 and so we catch it this afternoon waiting to go to Newton Abbot

post-126-0-49449200-1457708378_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-94037300-1457708394_thumb.jpg

I've just noticed I forgot to add some window grills and need to get some from Brassmasters.They do the old Finney range of GWR bits.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 19

I was surprised by the love for my chocolate K40 and so we catch it this afternoon waiting to go to Newton Abbot

attachicon.gifDSCN7785.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7786.jpg

I've just noticed I forgot to add some window grills and need to get some from Brassmasters.They do the old Finney range of GWR bits.

Everyone loves chocolate ... I'm partial to Green & Black's 85% Dark, very friendly.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Everyone loves chocolate ... I'm partial to Green & Black's 85% Dark, very friendly.

Old Jamaica. Sadly few and far between these days.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Excellent set of photos, Rob.

Top quality. Once again the Prairie comes up trumps.

One does prefer small ones. More pleasing on the eye.

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

His Lordship's second cousin from Galloway has been down for a spot of shooting, and his Rolls is headed back home?

Nice CCT.  Kit?   I spy Dapol/Bachmann couplings tho.....

• RMweb Gold

His Lordship's second cousin from Galloway has been down for a spot of shooting, and his Rolls is headed back home?

Nice CCT.  Kit?   I spy Dapol/Bachmann couplings tho.....

Hornby.

With Rob's permission to post this picture here I was wondering if any of you can identify the stock in the picture below.

I'm guessing it's all GWR, as it's inherited from my Grandpa who modelled the GWR in 00 and had started on an 0 gauge layout as well (wish my suitcase had been big enough to bring all that back with me!).

What I'm wondering is what they are, what they were used for and if the liveries are correct, and if they are incorrect then what I need to do to correct them.

DSC00020_zpsorqfrazy.jpg

Thanks in advance from an uneducated Southern fan!

Stuart

Edited by Norwenglish
  • Like 1