RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Cardboard foot bridge - A Government contract won by the cheapest compliant bidder?

Twon't see out the first winter I tell eee.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy York has said the fitting of the footbridge will be a defining moment in my layout build and of course he's right.It will open up more photo angles too.

attachicon.gifDSCN8644.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8642.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8641.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8645.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8646.jpg

Are you sure he said defining and not deafening?

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

An interesting comparison with the front end of their 90s version.

post-126-0-47519400-1465734272_thumb.jpg

The surgery would be easier to swallow if I paid what Sierd did for his !

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If you want a correct version, you will have to do this to it:

post-298-0-84755800-1431902510.jpg

Scary.... :O

That seems pretty brutish using a junior hacksaw I have one in my professional tool kit but rarely used it , a slitting disc in a mini drill would make the cut a little easier and safer should one's pocket being able to stretch buying one.

:wild:                           :butcher:      

Guest 7007GreatWestern

'Kings' were permitted (at some time) over the North & West and were permitted at least as far as Cardiff on both main routes into South Wales.

According to Mr. John Hodge' excellent "The North & West Route" series (Wild Swan Publishing) Kings appeared on the North & West but only once they had been cleared for the Severn Tunnel. Kings appeared regularly on the 16:30 ex Bristol as far as Shrewsbury while allocated to Bath Road between 1948 and 1952. KGV itself was a regular I believe. They then disappeared until 1960, whereafter Canton "Kings" regularly worked to Shrewsbury until their withdrawal.

Until last week I had believed that 47xx were prohibited from the N&W throughout their service lives. However, I acquired Mr. David Maidment's "Great Western Eight Coupled Freight Locomotives" (Pen & Sword Books). Of interest were the revised operating restriction during the Second World War.  Although he doesn't mention the N&W explicitly, he does describe 47xx appearing at Cardiff during the war and also working a Paddington-Bristol-Shrewsbury-Greenford circuit by 1942. The pre-war restrictions came back into effect at the end of hostilities.

I have no connection with either Author or their Publishers (other than as a satisfied customer!).

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but that's never stopped anyone posting on ANTB before......  ;-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Rob is only reflecting that it used to be a daily occurrence...

I stand corrected. What do we know in Somersed - but they could roster a more old fashioned engine!

• RMweb Premium

Not so sure those 'swapsy' turns ran at weekends? However I'm always wrong and I CBA to go and look it up.

Phil

CBA - Combat Body Armour

Is that for protection against rivett counters when the attacks start?

• Like 1

Back to 7904.

attachicon.gifDSCN8668.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8669.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8672.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8674.jpg

Two Halls together.

attachicon.gifDSCN8675.jpg

Let me get this straight. In 1948 the LNWR came back with a vengeance and took over all of the former Big Four. Locos were all painted in lined black with this 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' thing on the tenders ... and the coaches in an updated version of plum and spilt milk?, how was this allowed to happen?

Confused from Daan Saaf

That seems pretty brutish using a junior hacksaw I have one in my professional tool kit but rarely used it , a slitting disc in a mini drill would make the cut a little easier and safer should one's pocket being able to stretch buying one.

:wild:                           :butcher:      

Exactly my idea, but the owner of this model does make a excellent job of it, even if using a junior hacksaw.

Starting here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53622-Bachmann-retooled-modified-hall-2012-what-can-we-expect/page-12&do=findComment&comment=1892546

And this is the end result:

post-298-0-19008100-1432073346.jpg

Nice, very nice!

• Like 4