RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Talking of siphons...

post-126-0-66360100-1467272990_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-23872700-1467273010_thumb.jpg

Being a lazy ###### and not wanting to relivery this, I painted the brown around the transfers.It should all blend together when weathered.Buffers are from MJT.

post-126-0-21831100-1467273033_thumb.jpg

The screwlinks come in handy to couple up to my milk tankers.

post-126-0-28607800-1467273051_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Rob I've found a redundant Parkside Beetle van in the todo box it's built and painted with monogram livery I afraid it's minus wheels and couplings if you want it F.O.C. please PM your address.

I think you might have to satisfy Spams (post 18991)craving for a big tank engine pulling a dead WC class and a rake of coaches as per SM Mikes video link.  

"BUMP" don't know if you missed this Rob.

I'm getting left behind with acronyms, is there an explanatory booklet to go with ANTB? ..... LS

'Over My Dead Body'

Some 25 years ago the various control systems for the Channel Tunnel were being tested at the supplier's factory in Paris., Lynne was sent there as Eurotunnel's representative under strict instructions that she was not allowed to speak at meetings between contractor,  supplier and maitre d'ouevre, but merely observe. To circumvent this, she had a selection of cards with 'No', 'NO' and 'OMDB', to be presented to the relevant person when circumstances demanded it.

• Like 1

In the current global scale of crud going on in the world at the moment, I've decided on balance that a Prairie isn't that offensive. Jury is still out on the big 2-8-0 tankie though.

The leave campaigner who accosted me in the street two weeks ago promised me a new motion bracket if we were liberated from the tyranny of Brussels. Imagine my disappointment when Nigel Farage announced on TV that pledge was an unfortunate mistake.

I feel betrayed

• RMweb Gold

The leave campaigner who accosted me in the street two weeks ago promised me a new motion bracket if we were liberated from the tyranny of Brussels. Imagine my disappointment when Nigel Farage announced on TV that pledge was an unfortunate mistake.

I feel betrayed

You were lucky. I was personally promised, by no less a personage than a chap who said he'd once seen a photo of Farage in a disused lavatory, that there would be a brand new type of sausage introduced into this country if I voted 'leave', and furthermore that I could be the Managing Director of said facility and have a generous supply of free sausages for life.

I also now felt cheated out of my entitlement.

• RMweb Gold

I have been separately promised the England football managers job and the role of Prime Minister. I am not sure which offer to accept. Both roles are highly lucrative, unlikely to last the full contract length, and both involve ensuring a speedy exit from Europe at the earliest opportunity.

I have been separately promised the England football managers job and the role of Prime Minister. I am not sure which offer to accept. Both roles are highly lucrative, unlikely to last the full contract length, and both involve ensuring a speedy exit from Europe at the earliest opportunity.

The main difference is that, as yet, no standard test for dementia involves asking the patient who the England football manager is.

• RMweb Gold

The main difference is that, as yet, no standard test for dementia involves asking the patient who the England football manager is.

The problem being that we yet to have one called Brown who lives in West Street Kensington.  The last time a Doctor asked me that one I told her the ending before she finished the question.

• RMweb Premium

The problem being that we yet to have one called Brown who lives in West Street Kensington.  The last time a Doctor asked me that one I told her the ending before she finished the question.

Lost me there Mike..........

Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

I feel betrayed

I'm sorry to hear that your motion needs a bracket. Have you tried a high-fibre diet?

• RMweb Premium

Rob, I meant to post this a few pages back to support you very nice 64XX pic that I had not seen before.

post-2326-0-88970300-1467311425_thumb.jpg

......and I've just realised that the coach looks suspiciously like a WR driving Trailer. If it is then I shall have to build the one in the box in the loft.

Filth.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Lost me there Mike..........

Ar$e

Ah, you lucky youngsters who don't get asked the 'standard question' which GPs use to test the capacity of one;'s (very) short term memory.  It concerns a Mr Brown who lives in West Street Kensington - the Doc reels off the standard patter and then asks you the name of the street or the name of the man.  So it (allegedly) test your short term memory or if you're getting 'a bit confused'.