RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Why do you keep asking me who is the prime minister?? Nobody knows......

What's Noddy's nose got to do with it ? I thought he had big ears......

• RMweb Premium

The Bridge is the PF Bridge at Seaton Junction, Seaton Branch Platform circa 1963 after the WR (cough/spit) took over the SR west of Salisbury. 6412 and 6430 were brought out of retirement the huge scrap heap that was South Wales and used on the branch until they fell to pieces (about 4 months I seem to remember). Then a Bog Cart (cough/vomit) appeared but konked out frequently so much so that steam returned in 1965 in the form of 2 X 14XX Tanks for a short while, when the cart was having its elastic band and cotter pin replaced in Halfords.

Incidentally, any verdicts about that Coach?

Ar$e

• RMweb Premium

It is a Hawksworth auto trailer.  You knew that ...

Chris

Well I wasn't sure Chris as the end behind the loco looks Flat. 

I've only ever seen pics of Auto Trailers on this service at this time but I'm no expert as you well know.

Thanks for the I.D.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Rob, I meant to post this a few pages back to support you very nice 64XX pic that I had not seen before.

attachicon.gif9786907_orig.jpg

......and I've just realised that the coach looks suspiciously like a WR driving Trailer. If it is then I shall have to build the one in the box in the loft.

Filth.

Is that an overhead cable warning sign on the end - if so why? it's far too old to run near the Heathrow Express!,

• RMweb Gold

Rob, I meant to post this a few pages back to support you very nice 64XX pic that I had not seen before.

attachicon.gif9786907_orig.jpg

......and I've just realised that the coach looks suspiciously like a WR driving Trailer. If it is then I shall have to build the one in the box in the loft.

Filth.

Fab photo, Phil.

Just goes to show that the Western Region didn't mistreat every Southern branch line, Spams.

• RMweb Gold

Convert it into the 74xx that was shredded at NA and use on a freight?

Bachmann are already doing one, oops did I say that out loud...

• RMweb Gold

Can't you see the wires on the telegraph pole?

Convert it into the 74xx that was shredded at NA and use on a freight?

I didn't know Newton Abbot had a scrapyard, or have I had a mis-acronymism... Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold

I didn't know Newton Abbott had a scrapyard, or have I had a mis-acronymism...

'Newton Abbott' is not available and not applicable and is also non-active, but Newton Abbot might be (I can neither confirm nor deny what may or may not be the case, in this or any other town in or outside of South Devon).

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

'Newton Abbott' is not available and not applicable and is also non-active, but Newton Abbot might be (I can neither confirm nor deny what may or may not be the case, in this or any other town in or outside of South Devon).

Sorry! Must try harder . I must have said two teas please while dictating to Siri.....