RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Could they be very smart Morris dancers?

The smartest Morris man I ever knew was the late Mike Cook. While the others were all prancing around wasting energy he just had to sit on a barrel and play his squeezebox.

RIP Cooky.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'll certainly be getting the Night Owl in post-war livery (if they get it right), as I certainly don't want the previous livery iteration as colourfully described by this image caption in a recent magazine...

attachicon.gif###### button .jpg

P.S - Try not to have an liquid in your mouth when viewing this image!

Cheers, 

CoY

another reason not to like the Deco logos.........

Well spotted!

I reckon Hornby's new 'boss' will turn things around. A fresh approach to 'business' will be a very positive step.

Let's face it, the quality of most of their stuff is now top notch, especially the coaches.

I think we are very lucky people at this time so long live the MR production Companies; hang in there please.

Phil

Whilst it would be wrong for me to discuss my ongoing "problem" loco here, I managed to have an interesting and very informative talk with Steve Cooke and his Financial director and he is very positive in his attitude towards the hobby and "shaking up" the company.

We will await further developments.

• RMweb Gold

this one:

post-54-0-70027300-1480179466_thumb.jpg

Its at the bottom of the hill going down from the road to the bridge (I wasnt entirely sure if this was a public footpath or not...) 

Hi Rich,

Yes, it is a public footpath, which goes all the way alongside the river up to Lydia Bridge (a lovely walk, especially when the sunlight is coming through the trees that line the river bank).

The structure used to be a lock-up garage, the roof of which started falling in a few years ago, following a period of disuse, and was thus removed, leaving this rather enigmatic structure in its place.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the confirmation, so despite the look of age it is actually a more recent construction.

As for access, I think I was more confused by the large private sign by the gate north of the road bridge (having exited he path that way to get a couple of different angles (including a very overgrown old milepost)