Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Also seen was the queue for the audition for sitting on the platform seat next to Minnie and Flora.

post-126-0-39303300-1480274510_thumb.jpg

No 1 daughter took it at The Good Food Show next door.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it is a public footpath, which goes all the way alongside the river up to Lydia Bridge

Ah yes, I remember her well, a most obliging young lady.

Oh I dunno - the cab cutout doesn't look wonderful (but that might be down to the colouring of it).

The cutouts don't appear to have quite the same shape to me, which is why they might not look right, we'll have to see if the production version is right. At least they've got the green right, if you're looking for a post 1928 version. However they have made a bit of a boo-boo with the splasher tops, which should be black. Lets hope they get that right, although easy enough to rectify, along with the other painting errors.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

I bumped into this threads coaching guru [Chris F] yesterday and thanks to his information I picked up the last one of these on sale at Warley.Sorry for the straight out the box sequence.

post-126-0-29407400-1480344417_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-34229300-1480344443_thumb.jpg

Underframe detail.

post-126-0-89337000-1480344462_thumb.jpg

With my other vans.

post-126-0-10707200-1480344494_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I bumped into this threads coaching guru [Chris F] yesterday and thanks to his information I picked up the last one of these on sale at Warley.Sorry for the straight out the box sequence.

Nice pics.  Great for the late 1940s gang, but I was disappointed that the Maunsell version has only been released so far in BR livery.  At the Hornby stand yesterday I expressed hopes that this omission would be rectified in 2017; unfortunately the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know, so I completed a suggestion form as well.

John C.

My layout: STOKE COURTENAY, 4mm scale 1930s GWR junction station.  See layout thread.

• RMweb Gold

so I completed a suggestion form as well.

John C.

My layout: STOKE COURTENAY, 4mm scale 1930s GWR junction station.  See layout thread.

I do that every year as a matter of course.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifDSCN9757.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9760.jpg

Underframe detail.

attachicon.gifDSCN9761.jpg

With my other vans.

attachicon.gifDSCN9762.jpg

Thank you for the tempting photos- have you asked your small herd what they think of the insides?

• RMweb Gold

I know quite a few of you like that big Model Rail US tank thingy.Here's the WV version on Chris Nevards's latest creation.

post-126-0-89424000-1480353781_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-02150700-1480353884_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 9

I wish I could model water as good as this seen on Mara Harbor.

Nah! You wanna stick closer to home matey, try the Dawlish route ( as seen on my earlier journey today )

Now this would be a challenge!

post-20303-0-35362600-1480356481.jpeg

Yours

Cptn. Ahab

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics.  Great for the late 1940s gang, but I was disappointed that the Maunsell version has only been released so far in BR livery.  At the Hornby stand yesterday I expressed hopes that this omission would be rectified in 2017; unfortunately the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know, so I completed a suggestion form as well.

I thought I had read that in 2017 they will indeed reverse the liveries, with the Maunsell wagon getting SR livery, and the Bulleid coming into BR days. But I may have got that wrong. 

• RMweb Gold

Robin if you want tutoring in the art of water you should make the effort and come south to some shows there is a chap Roy Hickman who appears at most of them, he makes villages out of cornflake packets and

other scenic features with all sorts of junk just sit with him for a demo before you know the entire Brent village would be built.