A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

As in "Debbie does Dallas"?

We have a local version of that;

'Debbie does Dowlais'

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

What has Mr Jones got against the Finching sisters?

I dread to think but if he gets caught again then I suspect the Magistrates may not be so lenient this time............

Rub

• RMweb Gold

Rob, I think fiddle/staging yards are a very important part of any layout. Yet we rarely see them pictured. I've often wondered about yours-and now I know. Thank you.

You ain't seen nothing yet John - he's now adding signals at Tigley Jcn (yes, the fiddle yard also has a name) which must be a first I think.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Saw a certain Captain at Reading Gauge O trade show today.  Didn't get to say hello she was spied across the hall. The fact that the cafe had run out of pies, pasties and sausage rolls confirmed that it was him.

Whatya buy?

• RMweb Gold

Saw a certain Captain at Reading Gauge O trade show today.  Didn't get to say hello she was spied across the hall. The fact that the cafe had run out of pies, pasties and sausage rolls confirmed that it was him.

Well well well!

I did meet up with Godfrey Glyn and some other RMWeb folk, but I didn't see the Spammeistersupremebeingtypeperson.

I simply purchased a coffee in the cafe, but per per picked up a Peckett at the show.

Also got a 7mm point kit to build!

• Like 5

Rob, I think fiddle/staging yards are a very important part of any layout. Yet we rarely see them pictured. I've often wondered about yours-and now I know. Thank you.

The more you see of a layout, the better it usually gets.  If not, the good bits outweigh the bad.  Over the years, Brent, model and real, have become as familiar to me as memories of anywhere I used to frequent in my trainspotting days.  Maybe more so as probably most have disappeared and are fading in my personal hard drive as time passes.  Luckily Brent and its trains represent the final years of my youthful interest as in a few years time, steam and I would go our separate ways.

Brian.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The more you see of a layout, the better it usually gets.  If not, the good bits outweigh the bad.  Over the years, Brent, model and real, have become as familiar to me as memories of anywhere I used to frequent in my trainspotting days.  Maybe more so as probably most have disappeared and are fading in my personal hard drive as time passes.  Luckily Brent and its trains represent the final years of my youthful interest as in a few years time, steam and I would go our separate ways.

Brian.

My personal hard drive is failing as well but the less said about that the better.....

Rub

• RMweb Gold

Brian.

How true !

Looking over the fence to watch the trains at Brent is better than a heritage railway- no Mark 1 coaches and no expense. Only the smell and the sound are missing !!

Long may our host keep adding to the excitement!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

How true !

Looking over the fence to watch the trains at Brent is better than a heritage railway- no Mark 1 coaches and no expense.

I actually have some mark 1s for my Royal Duchy....

post-126-0-34033100-1481403016_thumb.jpg

• Like 13