RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

No mention of the free bar I've put on in The Packhorse Inn....

Don't worry The South Hams Town Criers Association are working flat out to spread the word despite the very short notice:

post-9751-0-77908900-1498229493.jpg

They'll all need a drink or two after all that "shouting"........it's going to be expensive........have you considered just having a "Happy Hour" between 5 and 6 pm today to protect the ANTB modelling budget?

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to notethere is no sausage-eating competition, nor any mention of rabbi-rolling or au-pair greasing. Shame.

We ran a free bar for our wedding - 50 guests. Yes there was plenty of wine on every table, but the bar bill was surprisingly modest. (Despite the best efforts of the bride's son, who was knocking back spirits until they refused to serve him!)

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile in the real world it seems that the South Brent Carnival Committee are acknowledging ANTB's tremendous achievement by altering their programme at short notice (see Saturday 24th June):

attachicon.gifcarnival.jpg

And here's the band getting in some practice:

attachicon.gifsbcarnival1_2606165046.jpg

They'll be dancing in the streets of South Brent tonight as a certain Scottish Rugby commentator used to say.....and probably all weekend.as well.

I hope the locals keep more sober than the Dartmothians were at their regatta last year :O 

I hope the locals keep more sober than the Dartmothians were at their regatta last year :O

Perhaps they were disappointed because the Red Arrows can no longer put on this sort of display at the Regatta post Shoreham:

post-9751-0-29296500-1498237588.jpg

The view from Jawbones

• Like 5

None of the above! Although the Star is the closest IMO. Considering all GW locos should be the same green, surely there should be some standard to paint by, but this is difficult as it depends what's available at where and when it was produced. Obviously not from the same paint pot!

Brian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Second from the left (Fairey Battle?) looks resplendent in it's coat of Hawksworth's Improved GWR Faded Olive Drab.......not.....

Oi !  Do you mind that's Glenn's weathering. :O 

Oi !  Do you mind that's Glenn's weathering. :O

It's not Glenn's fault, he's not got much to work with after the Chinese League for the Suppression of Authentic GWR  Loco Green Livery have done their worst in the paint shop. The idiot at Hornby who keeps signing off the various GWR livery abominations is also to blame.

• RMweb Gold

I'm more concerned with the advert at the bottom of the page for the new Hatton's Warwell that Andy has kindly put there for me/us. Very tempting to 'add to basket'.....