A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

1000?

Yes!

Phew! Thank heavens for that; I can come out from behind the settee now.

Thanks for all the entertainment, chaps - and thanks, Rob, for letting us into your world. Here's to the next 1,000.

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Gold

Nice picture, but after the Loughor derailment of 1904, the GWR ran assisting locos without ponies or bogies inside an engine with them. I suppose the PDR has lower operating speeds, so they can get away with it. Still, it would have been nice on the beach today watching that go by.

However 2-6-0 and 2-6-2T engines with a driving wheel diameter of 5ft 8 inches were permitted to assist passenger trains front (except in front of a 60XX) in quite a number of places, including Newton Abbot to Brent

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

Are these pannier drivers waiting for the new bullhead points before setting off? - or is it 7mm/ft ?

They're Big Boy scale  :jester:

7mm so no waiting for Pecaboo rail n'stuff, mind you dare I mention C & L ?

Is this some sort of Fisherman's garment dear boy?

Cap'n Hook

I can send you the pattern if you wish ?

post-20303-0-69347000-1498152662.jpeg

K.Rossstich

Damn missed it by couple of days as I predicted 20th June.

Unfortunately the hot weather algorithm I used was not resilient enough to predict the debilitating effect of the "heatwave" which has prevented some ANTB followers from going upstairs to complete posts or vital book research during the last few days.

Professor A.N.T.B. Nerd

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately the hot weather algorithm I used was not resilient enough to predict the debilitating effect of the "heatwave" which has prevented some ANTB followers from going upstairs to complete posts or vital book research during the last few days.

Professor A.N.T.B. Nerd

I think you got the prize though, let us know what Rob sends you.

• RMweb Gold

Professor A.N.T.B. Nerd

You don't happen to have the stats that give the top ten posters on the thread David.

• RMweb Gold

Nice one Rob. Glad you got a word in on your own thousandth page.

I hope it was Frankie's version of Born to Run?

Do you have a County class by the way? Just sayin as it must have its own page coming up....

• RMweb Gold

Kindest regards and congratulations from Norman Lockhart.

Rob.

• Like 6

Meanwhile in the real world it seems that the South Brent Carnival Committee are acknowledging ANTB's tremendous achievement by altering their programme at short notice (see Saturday 24th June):

post-9751-0-34755100-1498173556.jpg

And here's the band getting in some practice:

post-9751-0-82424900-1498173723.jpg

They'll be dancing in the streets of South Brent tonight as a certain Scottish Rugby commentator used to say.....and probably all weekend.as well.

There was no sign of any of this when I made a flying visit to Brent last Saturday morning.

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile in the real world it seems that the South Brent Carnival Committee are acknowledging ANTB's tremendous achievement by altering their programme at short notice (see Saturday 24th June):

attachicon.gifcarnival.jpg

And here's the band getting in some practice:

attachicon.gifsbcarnival1_2606165046.jpg

They'll be dancing in the streets of South Brent tonight as a certain Scottish Rugby commentator used to say.....and probably all weekend.as well.

There was no sign of any of this when I made a flying visit to Brent last Saturday morning.

I am looking forward to hearing about the tarts served by the cubs..............I am also impressed by the swift renaming of the Politcal blue party's Club House........and I can imagine the merry, photo targets for the Carnival Darts, including certain 'well loved' Party Members that ran such a successful recent, nationwide pagent.Finally, excellent Risk Assessment and H & S Policy for the egg throwing in to the bouncy castle; no food waste in Brent I am pleased to see. (Especially if the eggs were duck eggs).

Ar%e

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ha! You know I'd never noticed that the pages were limited to 25 posts rather than a set number of lines... obvious now you point it out!

So that means 25 of Robs photographic extravaganzas would only occupy one page - I wonder how many gigabytes that would be ?