Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

The Finching Sisters have joined Facebook and Twitter !

I wonder how long it will be before they discover Tinder.

I see that Mike Roper has. He has been using it to show off his prize lupin!

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold

I wonder how long it will be before they discover Tinder.

I see that Mike Roper has. He has been using it to show off his prize lupin!

If he wins he's going to treat himself to the gloss version of the Princess Coronation class from Hornby.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morwenna in the Doc Martin prog'?.

Well done Rob  :imsohappy: I see your layout is in Coachmanns Beano and what lovely photo's they are too, that Mr Nevard is pretty handy with a camera.

:secret: I only bought the mag for the calendar (and that's naff this year  :umbrage:)

• RMweb Gold

Morwenna in the Doc Martin prog'?.

Well done Rob  :imsohappy: I see your layout is in Coachmanns Beano and what lovely photo's they are too, that Mr Nevard is pretty handy with a camera.

:secret: I only bought the mag for the calendar (and that's naff this year  :umbrage:)

congratulations on appearing in the December Hornby Magazine

Tim T

Thanks, eight pages with photos by Trevor Jones although good, not as good as CN. I'm looking forward to reading the review from our venerable Chris F.It does shew the fiddle yard and Spams will be pleased to hear Anti Aircraft Command is in the shot.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Slightly behind the times I picked up a copy of model rail today, liked the photos (particularly some unusual ones) not such a fan of the text

Shame Hornby was bagged or I’d have had a quick look for a comparison!

Edited by The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

The Finching Sisters have joined Facebook and Twitter !

You'll all be pleased to hear that the sisters have made page 4 of the December issue of Hornby Magazine.

• Like 1

You'll all be pleased to hear that the sisters have made page 4 of the December issue of Hornby Magazine.

That's better than page 3, I suppose...........

Any further comments - answers on a postcard c/o gwrrob, box ANTB.

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics by Trevor Jones in HM.  Don't know about that pale greeny thing with the go-faster stripes in photo 7, but photo 10 with Castle & prairie is a classic GWR junction station shot.  Great stuff!  And a hat-trick for Rob!

John C.

• RMweb Premium

If I buy any more mags I'll get shot by SWMBO. It is probably less expensive for me to get a return to York and spend the day in the NRM Library reading them all.

I had to buy Todeller today to see what Mike's (Stationmaster) hint had been all about.

Nice one Kernow.  

Philth

I much prefer the first person narrative style used in this Hornby Magazine article to the man on a (bad) phone reporting from Peterborough (or wherever) style of the Model Rail article.

Good to see the Finchings returning to centre stage (well stage extreme left) in a double page spread, but Robin should have got the Finching sisters to change out of their dirty stockings before the shoot, as it could lead to the ANTB thread attracting the  wrong sort of fetishists followers......

• RMweb Premium

If I buy any more mags I'll get shot by SWMBO. It is probably less expensive for me to get a return to York and spend the day in the NRM Library reading them all.

I had to buy Todeller today to see what Mike's (Stationmaster) hint had been all about.

Nice one Kernow.

Philth

I know what yer saying comrade, I'll have to slip one in the Mrs on Saturday.

Edit: Mrs' shopping trolley on Saturday.

Edited by Tim Dubya

I 'had' to clear the shelves at Morrison's to satisfy everyone including a very quiet Dutchman who wanted a copy for some reason...

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth  Hornby Magzine.....

I liked the article in RM MR better. Not because of the text, which I agree is more readable in Hornby Magazine, but because of the photographs. For me articles about layouts are all about the visual aspects. And in my opinion, the photo's in MR are better than those in Hornby magazine. Still a great article though.

And now, for the next photoshoot, perhaps some soon to be released SR stuff....

Edit: Dyslectic spelling of MR...
Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 1

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth  Hornby Magzine.....

I liked the article in RM better. Not because of the text, which I agree is more readable in Hornby Magazine, but because of the photographs. For me articles about layouts are all about the visual aspects. And in my opinion, the photo's in RM are better than those in Hornby magazine. Still a great article though.

I'm sure the earlier article was in MR (Model Rail) not RM(Railway Modeller). Personally I like the article to be written by the owner of the layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Should be in Kernow by Tuesday. I'll do a roster with AAC when I receive then Sierd.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice article and some good pics there Rob.

Good to see Mr Warburton (played by Bernard Cribbins) in action.

Definitely prefer the first person writing.

PS I paid full price for HM and then saw on bargain hunters that I could have had it for 2 quid from Smiffs.

Des A Pointed

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

PS I paid full price for HM and then saw on bargain hunters that I could have had it for 2 quid from Smiffs.

When I was in Smiths in Newton About this afternoon, it was all full price and completely sealed in tamper-proof plastic wrapping, so I was unable to peruse. Where did the £2 come from (perhaps I should have checked in Twopoundland).

Comrade P.U.Z. Zled.