A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

And a great shame they didn't put the proper sticking up bits on it - the safety valve cover looks bloomin' ridiculous and that funny little chimney probably won't help the exhaust one bit.  Apart from those stupidities and the awful colour scheme it's probably quite a nice engine ... probably ... well maybe? 

I agree Mike. It's an unfortunate consequence of the reduction in permissible height above rail imposed by modern structure gauges. Is it better to see a deformed King running on the main line or a full-height one confined to a museum? Discuss.

Oh, and by the way I think that blue locos with crimson-and-cream coaches look lovely.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Someone else has 6829 Burmington Grange. That's at least three, maybe four, I've seen on RMweb. :read:

Well, that's wrong for a start. Everyone knows its spelt 'Birmingham'.....tssk, tssk.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, is it that colour so that track workers can see it coming more easily?

Nope it's to stop the trigger happy WW2 Anti-Aircraft Gunners, shooting down a captured Axis or Allied power aircraft on test - also used on prototypes during the war ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If I'm back working on this...

attachicon.gifME109E-3_09.jpg

..it must mean I've finished the current batch of loco's - it's only taken a month :sungum: :sungum:

What's that Fokker doing?

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I agree Mike. It's an unfortunate consequence of the reduction in permissible height above rail imposed by modern structure gauges. Is it better to see a deformed King running on the main line or a full-height one confined to a museum? Discuss.

Oh, and by the way I think that blue locos with crimson-and-cream coaches look lovely.

They claimed some time back that they had a set of proper size boiler items (and a spare cab I think) so it could look right when running on preserved lines.  Maybe that was just wishful thinking?